Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > could you help me please?    

could you help me please?

angelamoreyra
Argentina

could you help me please?

I have a problem,I need to know the names of two animals they dont  turn up in the dictionary.
One is a kind of moth or insect that starts with Y
and the another is a sort of sea animal and start with N .I only have those keys Ithank you in advance.

19 May 2009      

ssrl10
Spain

Yellowjacket? I can�t think of another insect that begings with that letter.

19 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

hehehe

sorry can �t help you ^_^

why are they important anyway ?

19 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

As for the other animal, it may be a narwhal or a nurse shark.  So, I would say they are a Yellow-jacket and a Narwahl. Maybe native speakers can tell you more.

19 May 2009     

azzarro
Morocco

as for the moth
   as for the se animal
 a NYMPH

19 May 2009     

azzarro
Morocco

as for the moth
   as for the se animal
 a NYMPH

19 May 2009     

azzarro
Morocco

as for the moth
   as for the se animal
 a NYMPH

19 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

What is a nymph? I mean, I know what it is but I didn�t knew that there existed a real sea animal with that name. I have looked for it on the net and found nothing.
As for the yellow belle, I would say it is a type of belle, not an animal family in itself.
Cheers,
Silvia

19 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

A yellowjacket is a type or hornet or wasp, not a moth... but I �d be inclined to the sea animal being a narwhal... not a nymph though... I googled "Nymph sea animal" and didn �t get anything back that pertains to an animal.  

19 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Thanks Zora. I said yellowjacket becayse she said a type of insect or moth, and a yellowjacket is an insect. Apart from yellowjacket and yellow belle, is there any other insect or moth that starts with Y? I just want to know out of curiosity.

Thanks,

Silvia

19 May 2009     

angelamoreyra
Argentina

HELLO I REALLY THANK YOU ALL ,WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT I FOUND AN ALPHABET ON THE NET  (AND I DON �T REMEMBER THE SITE ),WITH ANIMALS AND I DON �T N KNOW THE NAMES OF THOSE ANIMALS.ONE IS YELLOW JACKET YOU WERE RIGHT AND THE OTHER IS SIMILAR TO A SNAIL  AND STARTS WITH N WELL I DEEPLY HAPPY BECAUSE OF YOUR ATENTION,I GIVE MY THANKS TO THIS BEAUTIFUL COMMUNITY OF THE PRINTABLE

19 May 2009     

1    2    Next >