Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where do you live? Where are you from?    

Where do you live? Where are you from?

sazzag
United Kingdom

Hi.  I �m Sarah.  An ex-boyfriend used to call me Sazza G and it kind of stuck! 

I am British and from London but I have lived in sunny Malaga in Spain for the last 5 years. 

Before that I lived in Hong Kong for a while and then for 3 years in Japan.  My husband is Moroccan so we really are very international.  I have also completely failed to teach him English -- he is my biggest failure as a teacher Wink

I usually teach teenagers but this year I have a couple of classes of younger ones who have inspired me to prepare worksheets for that age.  I am completely addicted to this site and currently using it as a diet aid as once I start preparing worksheets I get so engrossed that I forget to eat.  It �s working Smile

I love the thought that we here are from all corners of the world sharing our things, thoughts, ideas. 

Big hugs
Sarah

20 May 2009     

abba
Spain

Hi, I �m Bel�n, I �m Spanish I live in a small village called Gelida, it is about 30 Km far from Barcelona. I teach English to teenagers but this year I �m having a gap year because I have had a little baby, she is 7 months old, and she is cute and lovely. I discovered this site last year but I have got addicted to it about 2-3 months ago.
I think is a great place, I love being connected to other teachers from all over the world, thanks Victor for creating it.

Love,
Bel�n

20 May 2009     

nelly36
Latvia

Hello everybody!

I �m from the south-eastern part of Latvia which is also called � �the land of thousand lakes � �. I live in a small village near the border with Belarus. It �s far from the city noise and rush, excellent place for those who want to be close to nature and need silence. Everything moves slowly and peacefully here.

I work in a school for 6 years and really love being with my students and my colleagues.

I love this site and you, my dear colleagues! WE ARE THE BEST!

20 May 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

My name is Victoria and I am 37 years old. .I was born and raised in Moldavia and I have lived there until 2001

In February 2001 I �ve moved to Ashdod. I enjoy living in this beautiful city and often take advantage of the spending weekends on the beach because I love the sea. So far, I �m having great time discovering Israel and feel proud to be an Israeli

I have a loving and supportive family.

Thanks to my parents I am a teacher today and  they are my best soulfriends. I have two younger sisters Carolina and Tanya. We �ve shared a lot of memories together and I miss them very much

On a more personal note I am married to a wonderful man called Michael. I appriciate his heart, care and support. I am also a mom to two energetic boys,Natan,9 and Yuri/13. My interests, outside the school include my family time, reading, working on  the computer, crafts, going to the beach and learning new things

.I  love teaching and my greatest satisfaction is seeing pupils succeed 

!Want to see my blinkies collection? Enter and get addicted!

20 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

hello, lovely folk!
i �m from a small and forsaken-by-the-government town of Leskovac, in the poor south of Serbia, but i still like it because life here, however underdeveloped, is peaceful and more meaningful!
The town is small and you can walk from one end to another in about 30 mins.
It used to be called "little Manchester" because of the textile industry that reached its peak in the 70s (i think) but now all the factories are nothing more than dilapidated museums.

Leskovac is well known for its grill and hot peppers that are widely grown in this area. All our vegetables and fruits taste a LOT better and are FAR juicier than the ones most of you buy in the shops. The green market is now flooded with red strawberries and cherries, apricots yet to come, and hmmmm JUICY watermelons in a month!

As to the people ... Hmmm, i think Del Boy can be said to depict a Serbian southerner: life is his school, he makes something out of nothing, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he doesn �t say �please � or �thank you � (because) he �s on friendly terms with everyone even at their first meeting, which is why he �s seen by others to be crude, but if you come to his house he will welcome you as if you were god taking out all the food from the fridge and all the rakija (home-made plum brandy) from the cellar, even if it was his last.

As to the language ... We, the southerners, are ridiculed by the northerners for our accent and dialect which are a concoction of Serbian and a little bit of turkish, bulgarian and macedonian. While Serbian has 7 cases (nouns are inflected), people from the South rarely use them all. Our advantage is that we can speak with both accents/dialects, unlike the northerners whom we throw into total confusion when we speak the way we usually do.

0 - it �s the building where i used to live with my mum, she still lives there
1 - a church called "Chimney house". It �s the only church in Serbia that has a chimney. During the Turkish rule, our people were forbidden to build churches, so Serbs said they were building a house for the priest.
2 - That �s the place where cafes are, and we call it "The Hole"
3 - The main street, leading up to the bus and train stations.
4 - local TV station

20 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

Hi, my real name is Linda which means pretty in Spanish and I am originally from Calgary, Canada. I have also lived in Oakville, Ontario, Lethbridge, Alberta and Crossfield, Alberta - a place that I consider to be my true "home town".

I have been teaching for over 15 years now and I love it.I am currently living in the North of Spain, in the region of Galicia and me and my sister run our own center there. It �s often a thankless job working for yourselves and like Logo we teach whoever pays us! LOL So my experience has been very very extensive!! I have taught everything from 4 year olds, to young kids, teenagers, adults, prepared Trinity, First, State English exams... you name it, I �ve probably had to teach it!! 

Outside my job I love to bake, spend time with my family and my cats, read, watch films, play on the computer and travel when I can.

Oh also, I love chatting with my dear friends that I have met here on the site! Love you guys!!! Heart  

20 May 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Hi everyone,

My name �s Maria and I live in Kalamata, a small city of about 65,000 in the south west of Greece with sandy beaches over 6 kilometres long (pic following) . I have lived here for about 25 years. I moved from New York 26 years ago.  I love being an EFL teacher.  I was one of the first teachers in N.Y. to be licensed as such. I work in a state school- lower secondary and I am my school�s EU programmes coordinators. I was in Spain last week for an EU project. Mmjotab,  your beautiful city is really beautiful.

I have two daughters. One is an agriculturist and the other is studying law.  I love ESL printables and I�m one of the addicts of this wonderful site.

20 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi
I �m Manon, AKA Manonski. I am a French Canadian from North Quebec. I live in a town of about 35000. The good thing about where I live are the wide open spaces. The economy relies on mining and forestry.
In summer, the temperature goes in the 30 degrees Celcius and winters can get as cold as
Rush hour means getting home a couple of minutes later. Big smile.

I �m 43 and I �m finishing my 19th year of teaching. I work in an elementary school, am also some kind of pedagogical advisor in my schoolboard and also teach a university group with another colleague of mine.

Thank you for starting this thread!

And Mena, if everything goes according to plans, Orit and I should have our first ESLprintables encounters this summer! This makes me really happy!

20 May 2009     

Amanda W
Austria

Hi,
   My name is Amanda, (Mandy). I was born and brought up in England and taught music and sport in a girls � school in North London for six years. We took a group on a skiing holiday to Austria, and three years later, I married the skiing instructor! I �ve been living here in beautiful Salzburg for 26 years. I have four kids, Richi 16, Susi 18, Tina 20, and Stefan 22.
Now I �m teaching English (as you may have guessed) at an adult education centre. It has been a real challenge coming to grips with my own language (on the grammar front) but I really enjoy it.
I �ve done an online TEFL course with I-to-I and can only say that I �ve gained so much from this site. Thanks to all of you and keep up the good work and it �s been nice getting to know some of you a bit better!

20 May 2009     

pirchy
Israel

Hi everyone,

My name is Pirchy which means "my flower" in Hebrew. I was born here in Israel but may parents came from Syria. I live in Israel in a small town called Rosh Ha �ayin very close to Tel Aviv. It �s a great rural area with a lot of gardens and green trees.
There is only one high school in my city and I really like teaching here.
Although I have been a teacher for more than 20 years, I still like it, well... most of the time!
Before I saw this site I thought I knew everything, but here I learn something new everyday, which is great!!!
I just hope that people will put politics aside and concentrate on teaching good values to our students.
Hugs from Israel, Hug

20 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >