Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Stop trying to fix a good thing    

Stop trying to fix a good thing

me_fig
Canada

Stop trying to fix a good thing

I love this site!!!!!!  I �m not sure why people keep mentioning problems with deleted printables and so on and so on.  There is so much great stuff in here.  The site is well organized.  The good stuff stays and the bad stuff goes.  I myself had a printable deleted.  The stuff I made that is good will get the points.  I have even deleted some of my own stuff that didn �t get enough points. 
Sure some moderators don �t choose their words thinking of people �s feelings, but we can sift through that.  We are all adults.  Ignore the bad stuff and learn from the good stuff. 
There is no need to improve this site!!!!  It �s already AWESOME!!!!!!!^^

21 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

I completely agree.

It �s great the way it is - people share, help, and talk.  What can possibly need changing?

21 May 2009     

roneydirt
United States

First I guess me fig and Vickiii forgot the basic human nature tends to learn from it �s mistakes best and not accomplishments.

Second there is always room for improvement, we are not God (your choice on a which ever one you want to choose) just humans with slight flaws.

Third if we don �t always try improvements then it becomes stagnet and dead, no more great site.

Fourth I think this came from the individual that asked let them know before their printable is taken down.  That is a good idea especially if the moderators let the person before hand have friendly advice on what they think might improve it... hence what Vickii said people share, help and talk; it is called teaching and learning and having the material before you will make a better way of doing that instead of deleting and not remember what was wrong in the first place.  

We have students, student-teachers, new teachers, matured teachers on this site and we ALL can always have something new to learn.  The day we stop learning is the day we have died.

Lastly on the not deleting I had a ws on here that needed a little help, with the original still up a couple individuals gave some friendly advice on making the ws a better one to be used.  Once the improvements were done the original was replaced.  There was no back fighting and those that were helping me with it could go back and reference the original to see the corrections and make further suggestions if needed in till we thought it was a better ws that could be better used by all.

21 May 2009     

Brentboy
Japan

hi roneydirt,

well said, I think so too.

21 May 2009     

jonawar
United Kingdom

Couldn�t agree more with me fig and roneydirt.People need to lighten up and take a more positive attitude.We can all improve our work and benefit from advice and positive criticism.We need to stop �crying over lost points� and put our energy into creation and innovation.

21 May 2009