Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > inserting page number on Word 2003 files??    

inserting page number on Word 2003 files??

marciadnr
Portugal

inserting page number on Word 2003 files??

I �ve being writing a research work and so far I �ve used word 2003 as a word processor only formating type of letter; size, paragraphs, first line entry and titles. I did not insert any page breaks as the text flows naturally on to the next page. The problem is that I need to insert page numbers now but NOT on the cover and table of content pages. I also wanted to use the i; ii;iii - option for acknowledgments and foreword and then the 1, 2, 3, etc. option for the chapters. The problem is I don �t know how to do that. I �ve tried inserting page break and other options in the insert box but numbers keep appearing on the cover and all other pages.
How is it done??? Please, help!

22 May 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Ol�. Para inserir p�ginas � f�cil
Pegue no world: inserir - n�mero de p�ginas -  formatar. A� voc� pode optar onde come�ar, na primeira p�gina ou em outra.
Have a nice weekend
Silvia

22 May 2009     

marciadnr
Portugal

sorry, I �ve already tried that. You didn �t get it from my explanation. but the problem is that even if I choose not to present number on the first page the number always comes up on the cover, i.e., the first page. And I wanted to use different formats of numbering.

22 May 2009