Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > bulletin board on the topic PAPER    

bulletin board on the topic PAPER

javs22
Pakistan

bulletin board on the topic PAPER

hello everyone ,

i need help frm u all..i have been searching for interesting things to make a bulletin board on the topic PAPERS but iam not satisfied with the material iam finding on net.....please help me
i want the interesting things and colourful things for the elementary level.

the things which i have thought are:

paper making
history of paper (only telling that it is originated from CHINA)
origami work
things made of paper
kinds of paper

give me suggestions on how to make it colourful and also any other things which i can include int his.

i only have one day because frm tomorrow i have to start orking...please dead line is of this monday and i have to complete it till sunday night
please friends help me :(

17 Oct 2008      

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Check out these links ! There are some great ideas!

17 Oct 2008     

atmtm
United Arab Emirates

Hi Javs

I remember back in college I had this wonderful teacher who taught us the story behind Origami which is Sadako�s story. Briefly, the story is a bout this young and kind girl who was loved by everyone in her town. One day she got very sick and they told her that if she made like a 1000 Carnes out of Origami papers she may be cured. She worked very hard while she was in the hospital but before she finished the cranes she died. It was a very sad story, for that they built like a huge status in her town where people all over the world were creating cranes and send it to surround the status with.

Two days later one of my colleges made 24 small cranes as symbol of each student in our classroom then she wrote  a caption under each crane to identify the girl it represent.

Hmmmmm you can make different kind of Origami Cranes that holds  messages with the important information you introduced to your students during teaching them the paper theme.

I hope I helped somehow. Let me know if you need anything J

Hugs and kisses to you all  from atmtm

17 Oct 2008     

javs22
Pakistan

thnku so muchhh...these info n sites are of great help

onemore thing help me to arrange the board  as well :):)
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17 Oct 2008     

javs22
Pakistan

Victoria & atmatm...that�s very sweet of bth of u :)

plzz m looking fwd 4 ur reply :)

17 Oct 2008     

atmtm
United Arab Emirates

Hmmmmm I am thinking that you can point to the issue of saving the trees by recycling papers, and that would by in many different ways depending on what you are going to include in your bulletin board.

Well you can use old news papers as wallpaper, and one sided printed papers to write on the captions or the lapels. Hmm another idea is you can let your students create different kinds of Origami and then used it as a border for your board.

Hmmm once I used tissue to decorate my bulletin board. I colored the tissues with mixed colored and when it dried out I used it as a coronations for my board it looked cute my grade one students loved it J   

BTW you r teaching what grade ?

J  hugs and kisses

17 Oct 2008     

javs22
Pakistan

hey thnku so much that�s an interesting one :)
iam teaching grade 3 students...so recycling would be a great thing to do
thnx dear :)

18 Oct 2008