Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > DIPLOMA PAPER    

DIPLOMA PAPER

masia
Poland

DIPLOMA PAPER

hello again :)

i�m doing my third year in a teacher�s training college and this is my last year!! woot woot ;)!!

but to the point - my paper is "teaching vocabulary through storytelling" .. and now... i�d be so grateful if anyone had anything on the topic!! i�ve found a few websites, but maybe someone has any interesting books that might come in handy, or if anyone has anything to do with teaching vocabulary to young learners through stortelling, that would be amazing!!

i have 9 months to write my paper :) fingers crossed it will be fine!!

many thanks,

maria

17 Oct 2008      

Pastanaga
Spain

I strongly recommend you to use Storytelling with children by Andrew Wright, it�s the best book on the topic, and I use it for my classes. It has theoretical information and practical ideas to use in class. I used it too when I was in college for an assignement.

Have a nice day!

17 Oct 2008     

atmtm
United Arab Emirates

I strongly agree with Pastanaga  "what a nice name Wink ", " Storytelling with children " by Andrew Wrigh is the best book I know for the topic you mentioned.

I also strongly recommend

"Tell it again ! the New Storytelling Handbook for Primary Teachers"

by Gail Ellis and Jean Brewster    

through these two books you�ll find a zillion ideas that you can adapt and edit to match your topic, also you can find lots of useful pintables with the caption of how and when to use them

J   

have a nice day  

17 Oct 2008     

pepapelaez
Chile

masia
here is the link to download a book about storytelling
the sooner i get the other valid link Ill sent it to U

the password to open the file is
englishtips.org

hoope this is useful to your paper

good luck