Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Gifts for teachers!    

Gifts for teachers!

Khadooy
United Arab Emirates

Gifts for teachers!

Hello all,

I hope that life is treating you the way you like :)

This is actually my last semester at college and I am graduating next month. My friends and I would like to gift some teachers who have been teaching us for quite long time, or who were very supportive during our capstone project...

SOOOOOOOOO

You as teachers, what do you like to get and what do you think the best gifts are given for university teachers?

24 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

A new car is always nice. LOL  Most teachers like a good book.  Something that is nicely bound would be a good gift.

24 May 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

Interesting Book on Proper Subject.  A bar (BIIIIIG ONE) of chokolate? :-)))))and a bouquet of flowers! (and a new car!)Big smile

24 May 2009     

Khadooy
United Arab Emirates

hmmmmmmmm ... a good car is interesting and worth to think of....

hhehhehehehehehe...let me buy a lovely car for myself first Cool

GOOD IDEAS though...thanks all

24 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Dear Khadooy,

The best gift to your teachers is a good mark in your final exams.Thanking them and being grateful is all what they need from you.Just wondering what to do for them means a lot to me.I hope you �ll follow on their footsteps and make others think of the best way to reward you.
Belive me,when my students get a good mark and pass their exams with flying colours,I feel rewarded,honored and uplifted.
Wish you good luck

24 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

A gift certificate to a book store would be my dream gift from a student!

Carla

24 May 2009     

izabelbello
Brazil

Dear Khadooy,

The best gift we get is when we see that our students have learned something, not only what is in the books, but knowledge for life.
The best gift is when our work is recognized, when we get a teacher �s day card, a box of chocolates, even a picture made by a student saying "I love you" worths more than everything.
Maybe you can give them a book with a beautiful card made by yourself. Smile

Have a Wonderful Graduation Ceremony,

Izabel 

24 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

yea books would do well

as Izabel mentioned chocolate is beautiful with some flowers maybe

say some sweet words of appreciation ;)

and Congratulations for the Graduation

I �ll be the Next graduating hopefully in 2 years so i �m having a moment of mixed feelings now lol

I´m going to cry soon

but hey .. enjoy evey moment girl

you´ll remember this day for so long ;)

24 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �d rather have a card with a meaningful message than anything else. My philosophy is that I am paid to do what I do and I don �t think I should get a present for doing my job right.

24 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with manonski....

Time ago, my students gave me a big card where all of them wrote something special for me... I really appreciated it and still keep it.

24 May 2009     

Popina
Uruguay

I agree with manonski, too. I still keep some cards that my students gave five years ago. Just express yourself on the card. Trust me you never forget a cute little message. It�s better than any gift. 

24 May 2009     

1    2    Next >