Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > NEVER ENDING STRY...    

NEVER ENDING STRY...

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

NEVER ENDING STRY...

Hello Friends! I have just looked through reported wss and noticed the same thing I see every day. People report ws as scanned without providing a source and giving the link, I think it �s not fair. I understand the fact that some people don �t want to sign their comments, OK.It �s their choice. But how can some people accuse their colleagues of scanning �without �giving the link? Just for fun?! Some people create their own pictures and scan them. So do I. Don �t you think it would be polite to PM the author of the ws you awant to report and ask him/her?�

So, dear colleagues, let �s be more accurate and careful and respect other people �s work. I agree thet a ws which is definately scanned from a book should be removed( of course if the source is provided)

PS. This is the best site for ESL teachers . Let it be even better!

Hugs from Moscow

Svetlana

24 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

He he he... I was about to start a thread on the same subject but  I refreshed my page and someone was quicker than me. I totally agree with you Svetalana:  Since when scanned equaled bad?
If you can �t prove wrong doing don �t report it.

Edit: I even made a suggestion here ealier this week:

24 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I agree with you Svetlana but I �m quite sure that many people, either moderators or members, won �t stop doing that until there is a rule that everybody should sign their names when reporting a worksheet. Only then would those people think twice before reporting.

We can �t wait for everybody, either in society or on this website to be accurate and lovely. Many of them certainly are, but you will always need to issue specific rules to deal with specific matters especially when you are dealing with specific people who suffer from specific problems. And I �m sure that some of those who report ws do that out of personal problems, such as envy (the matter of points), on race or identity grounds or just for fun.

So if there are any of those people on this website, then they will always report ws whenever they like even if you spend years advising them not to do since they don �t leave their names.

Well, that �s my point of view. I just hope things will be better and better here

Have a good night

AbdelhadiSmile

24 May 2009     

pituloca
Costa Rica

I have to scan mine, otherwise I would not be able to upload them.

25 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi my dear svetlana! I absolutely agree with you. We should not report a worksheet without showing evidence of what made it be reported. However, I also think members who scan their work should follow manonski �s suggestion - writing they �ve scanned their work in the description of the ws - to avoid all these unnecessary and unfairly reports. Well, as for leaving the name abdelhadi, we �ve discussed it here and it seems we cannot reach a consensus.

Have a good night.
mena

25 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

mena

I didn �t see the discussion but I �m sure that many of those who oppose to leaving the name when reporting are those who create most problems arisen in the forum/website.

Have a good night

AbdelhadiSmile

25 May 2009