Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Best time to upload for maximum exposure    

Best time to upload for maximum exposure

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Best time to upload for maximum exposure

Hey guys,
Since I am still new here I am not sure of some things. One is the best time to upload new wss.  I am GMT+8 in Hong Kong so I know about the time difference.  I also know about the "magical time" of midnight Spanish time but what would you recommend, according to Spanish time, as the best time to upload a ws? Thanks!

25 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Good morning Spagman63!

It depends on your aim. If you usually have problems uploading, you should avoid the rush hour, usually one or two hours before midnight (Spanish Time). If you want your worksheet to be more "visible", meaning at the top of the page, then you should upload it near midnight. This one is highly subjective, of course. However, when I start checking the new contributions, I look attentively to all the worksheets, read the descriptions, think twice about its usefulness to my students, etc.etc., but as there are usually so many worksheets, when I start scrolling down the page, I become tired and seem to be unable to concentrate, taking a good look at those worksheets that are eyecatching only. I must add that this may happen because I usually look at the new contributions late in the evening.

Hope I could help.
mena

P.S. Sorry, I only saw the title of your post now.  Wink

25 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Thanks a lot, Mena.That is good to know.

25 May 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Wauw, it never occured to me to time my uploads for maximum exposure..... I obviously missed something....
I thought this site was mainly about sharing, supporting and exchanging ideas. I thought the points were only of secondary importance.........(especially when you have more points than you would ever need anyway...)
Marion

25 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Dear Marion,
I want to share my ws with as many people as possible :) Hence, my question.  Without points I can �t dl the older ws which I might need.  Not everyone has selfish motives.

25 May 2009