Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Check out this cube    

Check out this cube

gumby59
Hong Kong

Check out this cube

Here �s another cute little illusion. Show your students the picture and ask them to identify the colours on the top and the bottom. Most will say the top is grey or some dark colour and the bottom is white or a light colour. Then tell them that you will show them that both are exactly the same colour!!

If they don �t believe you, simply put your finger across the middle of the object (and you can even do it on your computer screen right now) and you will see that they are the same colour. The kids will like this!

26 May 2009      

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Gumby ... Are you sure you have posted the right picture? I tried many times putting my finger across the middle of the cube (on the computer screen of course) but nothing happened! the colours are still different Confused

26 May 2009     

gumby59
Hong Kong

Put your index finger across the middle of the object horizontally where the two bacgrounds meet.

26 May 2009     

gumby59
Hong Kong

Put your index finger across the middle of the object horizontally where the two bacgrounds meet.

26 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Yes gumby that �s what I �ve been doing exactly but it �s the same. We should wait until other members post their comments on this to see if your instruction and picture are correct or notSmile

26 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

It �s the same for me as well. I tried as you said but it doesn �t work for me.

26 May 2009     

gumby59
Hong Kong

THe picture you see is of a 3-dimensional cube shaped object, greyish on top with white bottom all on a brown background, right?

The idea is to use your fonger to cover up the part of the object that has the white highlights and the top and bottom should appear the same greyish color. It  works on my  computer. It seems to be a good illusion, I hope I have the right picture up!

26 May 2009     

Nezabudka
Belarus

They are almost the same =)

26 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

hello, why not meet at the cafe???
there you have a looot of space for pictures and riddles :-)

http://www.eslprintables.com/cafe/topic.asp

26 May 2009     

douglas
United States

try blocking out the white on the left side as well I also had to make sure the picture was on the lower pat of my monitor before it worked

26 May 2009