Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Swimming pool vocabulary...     

Swimming pool vocabulary...

sea camel
Belgium

Swimming pool vocabulary...

Hello!

Today a pupil asked me what these are called:

She couldn �t find the answer and I couldn �t answer her... In Dutch they are called �swim wings � (zwemvleugeltjes) but in English??? Maybe you know it?

Hugs from Belgium!

Kristien

26 May 2009      

silvia.patti
Italy

Could it be water wings???

26 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hey, that �s it, Silvia!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! It was as simple as that! I knew about a water ring and the way we call it here but I guess I was too tired to make a combination of the two. Thank you so much, I really couldn �t find it. A lot of big hugs for you! Hug

Kristien

26 May 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Those are also called floaties or inflatable arm bands.  Here is a Google Search and a definition:

http://images.google.ca/images?q=floaties&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterwings

26 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I have no idea what anyone else calls them but I �m always referred to as "floaters" or "arm floaters"...

26 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

I remember that we called them water wings but I googled and found these names also.

Waterpals Arm Floats
Arm Bands     

26 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hi guys

Well, I tried to google and apparently water wings are OK words to use. But I �m also happy that Canada came to my rescue!Wink Now I can tell my student what words people actually use ( in real life) to indicate these things. Even in our language we do not call them �water wings � ( or swim wings)... That was one of the reasons I couldn �t find what I was looking for.

So Pinky and Linda you �ve absolutely been a great help! Loooooots of real Belgian hugs to the both of you too!HugHug

Kristien

26 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hi Eng

Well, I �m happy to read that you can simply call them arm bands too, of course used in the proper context... I �ve learned a lot today, again, thanks to all of you!

And to you too, Eng789, loooooooots of Belgian hugs!Hug

You are all wonderful people!

Kristien

26 May 2009