Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > considering adult learners    

considering adult learners

mr.dgdln
Turkey

considering adult learners

I �m teaching adult learners. but as far as I �ve seen since 2 months. members mostly create worksheets adressing to young learners. Seeing that, I created ws for young learners but I realized that they are no use for my teaching carreer.
I wanna put forward just a personal opinion:
is it possible to make 2 sections. one for young learners one for adult learners. so we can easily find the ws we look for.

27 May 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

Hi mr.dgdln! when you search for ws, flashcards, etc. you can choose the level of your students. I teach adults too and that �s the way I look for ws..it �s pretty easy!!
regards, PAULA

27 May 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that a section for adults would be really nice. I teach adults too and I have a lot of material which isn �t very welcome here as it is not so colourful. Advanced level doesn �t mean that it is suitablefor adults. We have adults who are beginners too. I don �t know if it �s possible for Victor to make this kind of distinction, but I think it could be very useful for a lot of members.
Silvia

27 May 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Yes I really agree. I teach businesspeople and though most (!) of them have a good sense of humour I can �t really go giving them worksheets with bunnies, kittens or lovehearts!

I �m not knocking the pretty stuff (actually I LOVE cats!!!) the teachers add to their material, if they ever gave up their day jobs many could find a job in illustration! but sometimes you know it really isn �t appropriate for certain students.

With reference to what Paula said, ok you could elect the 14+ filter when searching but there are still quite a lot of cute pictures adorning the material.

Just as an aside: i recently joined ESLprintables and think it �s the best thing since sliced bread, or should i say, "it �s the cat �s whiskers"!!! Keep up the good work everyone!

Colibrita

27 May 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

Hello, Smile

I too work almost exclusively with adults.  When I �m searching for adult orientated material, I normally type adult into the contents box in the search area at the top of the page.

Helen

<v:imagedata cropright="7233f" cropleft="25592f" cropbottom="17061f" croptop="26382f" o:title="" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1UserLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml1

27 May 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I must also agree. I do download a lot of the worksheets but I tend to substitute a more appropriate picture before I print them out. Many that have great explanations have exercises that are just not the best for my young (and not so young adults).

If there was an adult section it would be easier to find worksheets quickly. Sometimes I find I am spending quite a bit of time just scrolling down the new contributions and giving up (or using all my 30) long before I get to the end.

I think it is human nature that if you see something eye-catching you will download it first. However this may mean you miss out on something more appropriate for your level.

Cheers all,
Joy

27 May 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

I also work with adults, hence it would be just perfect!!!Clap

27 May 2009     

Mahalo
United States

Hi-
I teach adults also. There are a lot of worksheet that you can rearange a little to make them more adult friendly. Take out some kiddy clip art, etc.

27 May 2009     

dennismychina
China

A good very point ladies.

Not only do I teach adults but I also teach senior grade 1, +- 16 year olds.

I don�t think it is really necessary for a different section if the age categorising could be looked at. (More categories than just 14+). And BTW it�s quite laughable when contributors categorise their material as being suitable for ages 6 to 100????

Enjoy,

Dennis.

27 May 2009