Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have to say this ... CLICK HERE NOW NOW !!     

I have to say this ... CLICK HERE NOW NOW !!

Dalya
Kuwait

I have to say this ... CLICK HERE NOW NOW !!

Hello teachers

I �m sorry i �ll have to write alot here .. hope you don �t mind ..

do you guys remember what i mentioned earlier about today ? (wed 27th ) ??

if you read my messages in the teachers � cafe you would probably remember lol

but let me tell you everything

I asked for help a week ago

I was going to teach my FIRST lesson ever

I mentioned earlier that this course i �m taking is not even a teaching practice course

it �s called "Methods Of Teaching English"

so now its almost the end of the course

and my teacher told us that we have to perform teaching in front of our collegues

half of a lesson, not even a full-time lesson (for like 20 - 25 mins)

i was chosen with 2 other girls to go and try teaching in a REAL SCHOOL !!!

under supervision for sure

our teacher said that she believes we �re good enough and that we should be involoved a little bit sooner in schools than the rest of the class

the 2 girls who were chosen with me .. they presented on Monday ..

and, OH MY GOD, they made many mistakes !

even grammatical and spelling mistakes !

I was surprised .. but scared at the same time ..

there was no time for me to give  my lesson so i had to give my lesson TODAY

and I went .. exactly at 08:05 am

my period was supposed to be at 09:00 but i decided to arrive alot earlier

my college teacher arrived around 08:35 am

she sat with me in the teachers � room where we met the other teachers, and she said she was surprised when she saw me dicussing many things related to teaching while having breakfast with them

when it was 09:00 i rushed to the class , and I was sooooo nervous

I remembered evey single advice you gave me here

I was totally prepared .. I told my self "no need to be nervous girl !!"

I kept smiling so I can show confidence .. even if i was scared at the beginning

I spoke with a loud voice ..

I used vocabulary suitable for the age and level of the students

I never kept looking at one or two sts .. I followed you advice and practiced to look at all my sts equally

I used many aids and they were very very very helpful

not just for me but for the kids as well ..

i don �t believe how lively my lesson was .. even my teacher and the original teacher of the class were smiling at the back of the classroom

I also managed to create an excellent shift between introduction, tasks, voc, grammar... etc

the tasks that I used were very creative too and thanks to you, you helped me to become creative

just being in this forum helped me to get ideas in my head

the kids had such a great time but i was surprised about something

one of my lesson objectives was to have my students discussing related questions and stuff ..

I was worried about having them discussing things because they were looking at me as a stranger at first, and because their teacher told me that they don �t talk at all or participate unless you choose one of them to answer by force LOL

but i used one technique that you guys taught me ..

to use helping phrases like ( this reminds me of ... i would argue about that because .. this is funny because .. )

I �ve prepared them on a tranparency and I was surprised that the kids actually used them and started discussing things with me :)

I was very happy .. we even had few laughs about their opinions

they all were very very excited, and their teacher was looking at me with surprised but delighted eyes

and what was mostly important is that the head teacher told me she would like to have me in the same school for the teaching practice :)

and i was told that i am going to be a very rare teacher

she said that it looked like teaching means something to me

I replied : "No, it means everything to me"

thank you guys for helping me to get many many doors opened to my future

love you all

hugs and kisses all the way from Kuwait

Dalya  

27 May 2009      

winky2
United Kingdom

I �m really happy for you :)

The first real lesson is always a stress and you did so well :) Congratulations.

27 May 2009     

blue star
Oman

That �s wonderful Dalya, wish u all the best

27 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Wow!!! I am incredibly happy for you!What a great first experience! I hope that this gives you the confidence to go on to be an AWESOME teacher Hug It sounds like you are a natural!

27 May 2009     

marianmanu
Argentina

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  IT �S BEAUTIFUL WHAT U TELL US!!! I �M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

27 May 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

Wow Dalya.  I just finished reading your story and it is wonderful. 

I think you have already learned the most important about teaching at the beginning -- to be prepared and have completely thought out what you are going to do and how you are going to do it.  It is horrible when you have to think on your feet when you are new.  The best plan is always to have too much material so that if the students grasp everything really quickly you have something else.  Plus always have an emergency game/activity that you can use if you finish early.

And the other important thing that you have learned super early is that www.eslprintables.com is the best site for teaching, finding good worksheets and activities  and for exchanging ideas.

Well done Dalya.  Keep up the great work.

Hug

27 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

This is such a great testimony you just gave us. You �re going to make an awesome teacher.

27 May 2009     

candyjoe
Kuwait

Hi Dalya

CONGRATS   Iam really happy 4 u .   Sure it was a lovely experience & will be memorable 4 ever
^^ 
I hope u all the luck in your future practice course (littke tip : Be shore 2 chose a good school to practice in it , bad school will affect u 4 ever , ask me about it *_* )

By the way this is the first time 2 know that the college teachers send students to teach before their practice course and they bother to come to see your lesson ( Great indeed  , to bad 4 me to miss this chance when I was student in Kuwait University ^^ )

any way Hope U All the Luck sis in your  life ,,and happy teaching ^___^

27 May 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear Dalya

Congratulations with your successful lesson.

Your story sounds very positive and inspiring. You were very well prepared and had thought of so many things to do with the students.

With all your enthusiasm and hard work you �re on the right track. I �m sure you �re going to become an excellent teacher.

Best wishes in the future.

27 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

What a story! I think we should bookmark this discussion and show to all teachers who will have to teach for the first time.
Dear Dalya, I �m very happy for you too and I want to wish you good luck! It �s great that there are such devoted teachers in the world. Congratulations, Dalya! Keep us updated about your future lessons :)
Hugs, Kate.
PS You story brought good memories to me of the times when I had my first group of Ss...THANK YOU again for the great story :)

27 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Thanks for sharing this touching and inspiring experience.  It was indeed a great start.

27 May 2009     

1    2    Next >