Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > BLACK & WHITE versions    

BLACK & WHITE versions

teresaraiva
Portugal

BLACK & WHITE versions

Can you explain me what �s the point of uploading a black & white worksheet EXACTLY the same as the coloured one? A b&w version should have only the contour of the drawings. All the colours should be removed of the drawings and should not have backgrounds, isn �t that right?
When a b&w version is uploaded with all the �colours � (in grey, of course) of the coloured version it changes nothing in the worksheet!!!!
Teresa

28 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

That �s right - it should be �B&W �, not �greyscale/grayscale �, which is what you �ve described. Victor has also stated that it is B&W & not greyscale that should be uploaded.

Cheers,
AB

28 May 2009     

lyubabak
Russian Federation

That would be great if both versions were uploaded �the same day or at least,dear friends,let us know that it �ll appear soon�

All the best,

Lyuba

28 May 2009     

chorima
Spain

I absolutely agree with you, teresaraiva. I am one of those that prefer printer-friendly versions.....but not a greyscale one (this can be done in your own printer with any colour worksheet).

B&W is one thing and another is greyscale.....as alien boy has stated.
 thanks teresaraiva for uploading some of your outstanding contributions in B&WClap

Have a lovely day
Chorima

28 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

You �re absolutely right teresa! What most people are doing is to upload a greyscale version, and not a B&W, as victor has suggested. To make a B&W version is not always easy, because sometimes it even implies changing the pictures to drawline graphics, which are not alwyas easy to find.

So I would say that that it is a waste of space to upload separately a greyscale version of a worksheet.  I know that was victor �s opinion, but I can �t find the thread right now. It is the B&W version that should be uploaded, not the greyscale, as AB said.

So let �s try to upload both versions together. If that �s not possible, let �s upload only when we have made it B&W, not greyscale.

Have a nice day,
mena

28 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

grayscale pictures include gray background,
true bw pics are OUTLINED pencil-drawn pics with white colour background / "filling"
-- true bw pics consist of black LINES on white background

IF you have colour version, remove all background colours, textboxes background, make the pics black and white (Picture options - Color - BW)

How to make pics BW? Simply choose black and white OPTION of all your pics...

if you GROUP your pics, you can do it with all pics IN ONE CLICK...

TRUE bw worksheet has NO background colour, thin borders, few bw outlined pics (NOT greyscale pics)... - THERE IS not much black...
----> bw worksheets SAVE ink...
BW worksheet is really PRINTER FRIENDLY + often "paper friendly"

BW worksheet must be included in the same document. If the size exceeds, it can be uploaded the very same day + link given to the colour version in the description...

4 Nov 2009