Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What īs the name of this song in English?    

What īs the name of this song in English?

sandrarenatad
Brazil

What īs the name of this song in English?

Hello everybody!

I need help. Can anybody tell me if there īs an English version to this song and its name in English?

I tried to find something similar in camp websites, but I couldn īt.
Thanks in advance.

28 May 2009      

shelly_pamm
Brazil

I think it īs the Hokey Pokey song...
you put your right hand in... you put your right hand out... and you turn yourself around...

28 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I don īt think there is an English version. Some of the movements are the same as Hokey Pokey but the rhythm is different.

28 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I listened to the song but it is not familiar to me.  I cannot think of anything that this resembles in English.  Sorry!

28 May 2009     

JMDe
Argentina

Hi Sandra!

It īs an Argentinian song "THE CHUCHU�"!! The singer was (still is) a clown called PIŅON FIJO. It became really popular almost all over the world. I don īt think there is an English version. I guess that teacher in youtube translated it herself and adapted it to suit her class. The song is great for body language and movement. Go to google, search CHUCHUA and you will find information about it.

JMDe

28 May 2009     

madelainey
United States

I couldnīt understand the song, but from the awkward motions I believe it is called TOOTY TA by Dr. Jean. Her web site is www.drjean.org. I don īt know if she came up with it first or translated it, but it is in English on her CDs. Give it a try and see if it īs the one you want.

28 May 2009     

sandrarenatad
Brazil

Thanks For your help.
I īll take a look at the links youīve sent me. I īm pretty sure there īs an English version because some friends of mine learned it in a conference but they didn īt remeber its name to tell me. I think it might be the Tooty Ta song. Thanks for the tip madelainey
You are very helpful. Thank you so much!

28 May 2009     

sandrarenatad
Brazil

You got it right madelainey. That īs exactly the one. Thank you!

28 May 2009