Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Unfairly judged...    

Unfairly judged...

martik
United States

Unfairly judged...

Hey, I recently uploaded a worksheet about farm animals. It has a very cute picture I found on a website for which I pay a monthly rate to register. I did some changes of course to adapt it for  the purpose of my activity. But all of a sudden I am sent messages saying that I had "stolen" the worksheet from someone else and both , my worksheet and my points were taken from me, leaving me with this feeling of embarrassment after reading the very negative messages posted . I think it is obvious that we create our worksheets using graphics from different resources and to come up with similar ideas is not unusual. If you take the time to look at it, you �ll see that the activity I proposed is very obvious and easy. And also, if you look at it more carefully, Lu Mendes � s worksheet , from whom I supposely stole the worksheet ,  proposes a similar but still different activity. The only difference is that she posted hers before a designed mine and is evident she is aslo registered to the same website for teachers that I am.
So, to the webmaster, I think you should see and compare the worksheets and find what I �m saying is true and that you and those who posted those negative messages, have judged me unfairly and I deserve to get my worksheet and my points back.
Thanks,

Martik

28 May 2009      

David Lisgo
Japan

Hello Martik,

I don �t know what to say.  I sympathize with you but also realize that the reviewers have a difficult and somewhat thankless task.  No doubt there are a lot of stolen (I �m not saying yours) and scanned worksheets on this site, which despoils this community.  Reviewers will make mistakes and we must try not to take their actions personally.

Why don �t you rework your worksheet (if you still have it), upload it again and give an explanation if the similarities with "Lu Mendes �s worksheet" are still strong.

I hope this helps.

28 May 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

this is how fierce can moderators be in this site. don �t be surprise we have agressive judgers a lot here. get used to them :)

28 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Pinch�again?

28 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Martik: if you say that your worksheet was not stolen, then please upload it again!!�Smile

We all would like to see it again :)

Do not read negative messages, people whose sheets have been reported and deleted with fair arguments use to complain... keep sharing please.

See you around

28 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I am sorry, Martik, but I don �t think you were unfairly judged. Your contribution and Lu Mendes � are almost exactly the same! Same picture and same activities. As you mentioned, Lu elaborated more on the activities and your ws is easier and simpler - but they are still very similar.
I see now that you did not copy her work and that both of you got the picture from the same source. It was just an unlucky coincidence. I am sorry some members wrote that it has been "stolen". I did not use this word and I think we should all avoid doing it, but I also voted to remove your ws- after carefully observing both contributions.
I hope you can understand.

28 May 2009