Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with online exercises    

Help with online exercises

KoreGuney
Australia

Help with online exercises

Hello  everbody!!!

I �m curious about one thing. I live in S. Korea. When I try to use online exercises funny chracters pop up along with a lot of question marks, slashes etc. We use Internet Explorer at schools. Does anyone have similiar problems? Is there a solution to it such as; downloading certain software or language programs.

An intersting thing is that some online exercises appears perfect albeit a few of them. I couldn �t figure out the reasons.

Any ideas!!!!Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!!!

29 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Are you using the regular school computer or your own?  If it is the regular school computer its base language is Korean so certain sites, papers, programs do that when displaying English.  If it is your own what is the primary language on the computer your using set at?  Just adds a little extra fun fixing papers and sites to use for the students.  Even occasionally regular sites will have that issue when brought up in the classes.  The other thing is I get added/missing letters and spaces after posting or saving things.

As for fixing that wouldn �t mind knowing myself.  Have asked others and found the computer tech at my school is greatly lacking in actual knowledge.    I enjoyed watching him and another teacher trying to fix a laptop by dropping it on the floor to get it to turn back on.

29 May 2009     

KoreGuney
Australia

Thank you....I don �t have that problem with my own laptop which I brought from home. I �m worried about my students since they are very keen on �online exercises program �. I was able to find very few exercises for them.....need to find a solution urgently and share it with my students....thanks again....

29 May 2009