Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP ON FAIRY TALES    

HELP ON FAIRY TALES

merchita
Spain

HELP ON FAIRY TALES

HELP ON FAIRY TALES

Do you know a particular phrase or riddle than can be found at the very end of a fairy tale? I mean something general you can use in any type of story. I �ve often read things like  "and they were married and lived happily ever after" and things like that. But I was wondering if you could use something more general. For  those who can speak Spanish something like "Y color�n colorado este cuento se ha acabado".

Well, thanks for your help.

I �m knew at this site. I �m really excited about it. I simply love your creativity, your effort and the spirit of sharing!! I love to be part of it! 

29 May 2009      

sanchan
Spain

I�ve always heard at the end of tales--->  and they lived happily ever after though... it�s not too general... I�ve also heard --->... and that �s the end of the story.
:)

29 May 2009     

susiebelle
United States

The standard story-end phrase in many fairy tales is "....and they lived happily ever after" . 

Also, as you may be aware, the standard opening line in most fairy tales is..."Once upon a time........"

29 May 2009     

boga
Argentina

Y Color�n, colorado  este cuento se ha acabado  would be " And they all lived happily ever after, and that is the end of the story." in english. 

29 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

And they lived happily ever after is the most common ending for a happy fairy tale of love.

29 May 2009