Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > penfriend    

penfriend

Delphine 05
Belgium

penfriend

Hello :)

I need your help :)

a student of mine is searching for a penfriend... As she�s in a boarding school she can�t use the Internet very often... She wants to write "real" letters. Her level is pre-intermediate. She�s about 16 years old. She loves English.

Thanks

Delphine

18 Oct 2008      

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

I�d love one of my pupils to do it too. She�s 12. Here is my email: [email protected]

I�ve been thinking to do it with a whole class. They are between 9 and 11. So, if you, or anybody, have more pupils...

Bye :)

18 Oct 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

I�ve been talking to my students about having penfriends and they loved the idea! But they are thinking about using the net. I can talk to them to see if any of them is interested in writing real letters. They are aged 12 to 15.
my mail is [email protected]  if you want to contact me!Smile

18 Oct 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Hi Akanah!

As I said before my pupils are interested but they are learning Spanish as well. They are on their second year. But since portuguese and spanish are a bit similar, if we put them on contact they may correspond in a kind of spanish mixed portuguese LOL
Bye

18 Oct 2008     

miss_yanis
Argentina

Hi delphine! Would it be O if I ask my students too? they�re in 5th and 6th level and although they�re adults, i�ve got some of them who would be really interested in having web penfriends.

Please let me know and we�ll get in touch.

Best regards from Argentina!!

Miss Yanis :) (L)

18 Oct 2008     

Nebal
Lebanon

hello Delphine,

My 5th graders are very interested in writing letters. I would like to take this step, but how???????

I�ll be very glad to know.

Nebal

18 Oct 2008     

Lihgf
Brazil

my students are interested too.
I�ve send a topic some days ago. I am wainting for contacts at MSN: [email protected]
P.S.: my students are between 10 and 17!

Lizia

18 Oct 2008     

Delphine 05
Belgium

Thank you all for your messages :)  I really like this ESL community :) There�s always someone nice to help you

Maybe we can use the addresses of our schools? I can ask my student to prepare a letter in which she introduces herself and explains why she wants to have a penfriend... (I have to precise that I don�t teach her anymore because she�s in 5th form - I have younger students this year)

If you agree, can you please send me ([email protected]) an address that she can send her letter? In it she can give her own address.

I also have some beginner classes (13-15 years old) and they are really motivated to have penfriends :) At the moment we�re learning present simple tense and daily routines.

I hope we will be able to realize this project :)

Thanks a lot :)

19 Oct 2008