Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > To all of you...    

To all of you...

sldiaz
Panama

To all of you...

Hello Dear Teachers:

Im teaching my sixth grade class about Historical Mysteries ( they are learning facts and also giving opinions about mysterious places and creatures such as: Is there a moster in a lake in Scotland? ; What is mysterious about Stonehenge? ; Why do you think people might leave "Machu Picchu"?  Is there really a curse on King Tutankamen�s tomb?? etc)

I would like my students to watch a movie, as our closing activity of this unit...do u have any suggestions about films related to this topic???

Thanks in advance and

Silka

30 May 2009      

douglas
United States

"National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage isn �t bad (there are two films in the series)

"The Goonies" is a fun movie that covers the mystery of a fictional pirate

30 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

The Scorpion King
The Mummy
Frankenstein
Dracula
I think the last Scooby Doo movie.

There are tons of movies.

30 May 2009     

sarasm7805
Spain

Stonehenge is suposed to be the �historical � place where Merlin was practicisng his magic rituals to help King Arthur, according to some literature. It �s also said that it could have been part of the land of Avalon I think, I �m not sure... I hope it �s been helpful!

Sorry I didn�t notice before that you were asking about movies... Well, related to this topic there�s Excalibur, The first knight, King Arthur.... Also about the lake Ness, there�s a movie called �The private life of Sherlock Holmes� in which they investigate the lake. Finally, about Egipt there�s �The secrect of the pyramid� I think, excellent for children and teens.

Greetings from Barcelona!

30 May 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hi, I love all the suggestions, but when you mentioned the lake monster, I couldn �t help but think of the Water Horse - a beautiful family movie for kids about a lake monster - it �s absolutely lovely, educational, and the effects are stunning although the movie is not at all about the effects, but about friendship and family, and strange people and creatures... I first watched it with my kid, and then with my husband, sister, mother and my kid again... I rented it, but I �d love to have it at home.  It �s rather new and it hasn �t been a huge cinema blockbuster, so your students have probably not seen it yet... The element of surprise always helps. I hope you like it!

30 May 2009