Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > DON īT MISS THIS    

DON īT MISS THIS

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

DON īT MISS THIS

It īs about our ws being posted somewhere else without permission.

If we īve chosen ESL printables to upload and share our work, it shouldn īt be uploaded anywhere else, especially without permission.

Mar

31 May 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Good morning Mar,
What īs happening ??? We īve been robbed. Nooooooooo!!!!! Worksheet theft is a big crime that we should not ignore. Some measures must be taken. But, first of all we must check whether the bloggers have taken the permission of the members here. Some members like dear Mena said they didn īt give the green light. Who knows what might happen if we didn īt take action.
Teachers , it īs ur voices up high that can stop all this mockery. No one has the right to publish others � work but the authors alone.  If the author agrees, there īs no problem at all. Otherwise, nothing is accepted.

Mar, I īm into this battle. I won īt stand still. Victor must know it, and take action. He īs the head of our community.

Please dear teachers, if u spot any more theft, report it. All the hardworking teachers here has the right to know. Teachers are working day and night to produce great worksheets. Many teachers have families and big responsibilities. It īs unfair that their work is distributed that easy cheap way. Sorry for the expression!!!!

By your side,
Nebal

31 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear Mar! Yesterday I was very tired and after my last post I went off to bed. The posts are not by order and that makes it so difficult to read them.

I īm so pleased, but not surprised,  to see that we have the support of our wonderful community. I ībe always been aware that from the moment I upload my work on a website, anyone can do whatever they want with it. I did not like to see my connecors grammar guide in that website without my permission. I īve left a comment and sent the owner a private message kindly requesting for him to remove it.

I would also like to ask victor to cancel the accounts of those who have published our worksheets without permission. I know they can register again under another name, but still their accounts should be cancelled as a consequence of their acts.

And that is all we can do, I believe. So, please dear friends let īs stick together on this and keep doing what we īve always done - sharing our work with our wonderful community, who have shown on inumerous occasions how much they appreciate and care for us.

Wish you all a beautiful Sunday!
Hugs,
mena

P.S. ItÂīs a beautiful sunny day and IÂīm going to have a wonderful cup of coffee with my dear daughter.

31 May 2009     

jecika
Serbia

here is another site with lots of worksheets (adapted for teaching Japanese) stolen from eslprintables

http://www.japteach.com/index.html

31 May 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi people I only saw this topic this morning. I support all the members of this community whose worksheets are being used without their permission. I don īt do that. I only use the ws with my students in the classrooom and all people should do the same or ask for permission at least.

Hugs

31 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

If I were you, in the case of Jose A. I think I would phone the religious school he teaches at to ask him on the phone to delete the printable from his homepage. Thatīs really funny! Work at a religious school and steal other peopleīs work.

31 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!! What now??? This web īs worksheets are adapted for Japanese teachers.

Guyyyyyyyysssss, we īre getting famous. People are translating our worksheets. WOWWWWWW!!!! What more can be done??? Pay attention!!! If u visit the site Jecika provided, sth. will attract ur attention" Share a Resource" & "Free"" !!!!So coooooooooooo!!!ClapAngry

31 May 2009     

Cristina8
Spain

Hi everybody,

I īm one of the people that have used worksheets from this page. Sincerely, I īm sorry if this has bother you, I only wanted to help my students with different worksheets, links and materials. I īve always thought that sharing here the material was for that goal. What īs the difference between giving the worksheets in class or uploading them in a blog? Anyway, I NEVER said that all those worksheets were mine. In fact, my students know that I use different sources and that I īm not the person that makes all those worksheets. I upload different sources, videos, of course they are not mine, I īve never said such a thing! Besides I īve found material from scribd and other blogs that are taken from here, I thought that there was no problem. What I see here is a loophole. Victor I īm sorry, perhaps I didn īt understand the goal of your website. I thought that sharing the material was to be used with our students and the blog in which I īve uploaded those worksheets was done for them, because we have problems of photocopies at school. I thought it was a good manner to save paper and get my students more involved.

I didn īt know that there was any copyright. In fact I īve seen some of my worksheets in other websites and I didn īt got upset. I uploaded them to help both, teachers and students. If people use them, better, that was my aim! However, again I apologise to all the people who have got upset. I īm not a thief, I īm not ashamed for trying to be a better teacher and help my students. I īm a hardworker and I didn īt know that this couldn īt be done. If I had knew it I would not have done it. And at the very first moment someone (because it was anonymous) told me that that was not correct I deleted them. I didn īt know that.

I īve deleted all your worksheets and please before insulting people, speak to them. I īve never appropriated the word and effort of others. This is not witch-hunt.

31 May 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Hello Cristina,
I am sorry to hear how you feel.  Of course this website is about sharing, and I dont think any of the members would have say no, if you have requested them through a private message their permission.  Things would have not gone out of proportion.

31 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

EvaRamos I think that you are correct in your post. But I think that there seems to be a little bit of confusion among colleagues regarding the rules. Maybe we should wait for Victor to specify what is acceptable or not. I personally think that to upload a worksheet to another blog is wrong without the owner of the WS īs permission. �The problem is that it can be stolen from that blog then. 猂et īs all keep cool heads now and let it in the very capable hands of Victor. 狢 know that in the end this will all be sorted out. 贌ope that everyone enjoys this warm and sunny Sunday (well it īs like that here anyway lol).�
keep smiling,
CarolineHug

31 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

What I said before was just after having a look at a blog and was completely normal to say that I would phone the school and ask that person to remove the printables, thatīs not a threat. I think I am not insulting anyone by saying that. Moreover, taking other peopleīs work without asking is stealing according to the law. I am saying that because J.A. I. has sent me a PM because he feels offended by my words but I have not changed my mind. Before using other people īs work in public sites we should ask for permission and mention the source. Thatīs common sense, I guess.

31 May 2009     

1    2    3    Next >