Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > end the story    

end the story

fleur
Malta

end the story

Dear friends
I need easy stories,
written or in pictures,
I would like my six
year olds to give different
endings to the stories themselves.
Hope you can help me.
I searched the site but
no luck.
Thanks

31 May 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

I would post the story myself, but I have exceeded my daily limitConfused. I enjoyed doing the English traditional story called The Tortoises � Picnic. You can google it, I found it very quickly. It �s not long, you can shorten it, I did it with my kids one year as a short theatre play (kids 6-8 years old) - we added roles for the kids - they played the animals, waterfall fairy and a talking tree - all the creatures the tortoises met on their way to the picnic place. It �s really funny and they all like to play the baby tortoise, but also all the other characters, because I made them sound funny when I first told them the story.It �s funny when you emphasize the time it takes for them to get there, and you can revise all kinds of vocabulary with it - food, nature, time, feelings, family, actions, etc(you can also use the mentioned flashcards, you just need some tortoise cards too). I hope you enjoy it and let me know how it went. (I adapted it for my older students and they all got a kick out of it - the ending ahs a twist and they had to guess it - it was really fun. All my colleagues I lent it to also enjoyed it.)

If you try, let me know how it went.

31 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You �re bound to find something useful here.

1 Jun 2009