Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To the teachers especially Turkish teachers.....    

To the teachers especially Turkish teachers.....

spring
Turkey

To the teachers especially Turkish teachers.....

I am so sorry,upset to take place in here with this kind of messages ...But I feel myself I have to!!!!!
Some members are just here to "take"
But remember that "sharing" is a two-way action..
Taking-giving...
And mostly(according to me,according to me my thoughts,beliefs,family manners.. it is "GIVING.."
I am usually  trying to help everybody and I know that there are so many helpful teachers in this community..
(community that I even called a family))
I just wonder isn�t there a single Turkish teacher in this site who isn�t busy at all?????
I am in relation with some of my Turkish colleques from here and know that they are really busy but what about other registered users??????
Are you all busy?????
Yesterday night I left a message about an exam and asked for advices.It was really urgent.I was desperately looking for help.While leaving that message I even thought of sharing my exams with that teachers to take feedback.I constantly checked here,my mail box yet I got no reply....
This is so touching.And this is the second time I am experiencing this.
WheN I am in trouble,many teachers from other parts of the World are enthusiastically helping me.
This time it was different..They couldn�t have helped me because  the matter was the syllabus we are using in our country.
What a surprise!!!!!!! I would rather prefer you being concerned...
Nevertheless I don�t wanna think pessimistically and regard that everyone has their own excuses..
But what I wanna say is that it is so sad to see teachers being so apartCry
I am calling everybody for being helpful..
Best regards...

19 Oct 2008      

frenchfrog
France

Hi, Spring!

Maybe if you give a brief description of the syllabus in your country, we could help you?

Frenchfrog

19 Oct 2008     

dugu
Turkey

dear spring;
you  said you had a problem about the turkish syllabus,if you are still in need, i will be happy to help you as an english teacher in turkey ( of course if i can)
what is the actual problem of yours?
are u a state school teacher?

19 Oct 2008     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Dear Pinar,

I�m so sorry for letting you down. I should be the first among all other teachers who should have lent a hand because you helped me in different ways. I promise to read your previous message and give you my feedback.

Don�t get upset !! It�s not what you thought , and we really appreciate your care and loyalty to this site.
Pinar, sometimes I send messages asking for help, but only 2 0r 3 answer my call. I feel depressed but then I forget, and think of the coming contribution I have to offer.

By the way, make sure to have a look at my idioms worksheet tomorrow. (A new look)

Big Kisses,
                                                                                                                                    Nebal                

19 Oct 2008     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Pinar,

I read your previous message , but  what about the "syllabus" of your country. What kind of syllabus your school follows? Would you clarify plz??

Nebal

19 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

Hi Everybody..
Thanks for your concern..
Anyway I prepared my exam questions.I am working in state school and last year we were following a
grammer-based syllabus.This year it has been  changed into a content-based one (a few grammar topics)  and My SS have difficulty.They are right cos their grammar proficiency isn�t enough yet to understand such kind of syllabus.First of all Ss should complete grammar topics (in my opinion) so that they can understand long passages with lots of vocabulary easily.
They will get used to this but as for start they will experience some difficulties.This is inevitable,I know.
I have 8 classes and the following 2 weeks are my exam weeks. 
I always prepare my own questions because they are my Ss and The only one who knows their needs,skills and abilities is me.But everytime I am open to advices or ideas.I may miss important parts to assess.As you all know I am a novice teacher.There are lots of things to learn.I just wanted to get some fresh ideas cos I am also experiencing difficulties.I am not used to preparing content based questions either.This year is just my second year in teaching. I could easily prepare questions for my4th,6th and 8th grades but for 7th grades I didn�t know on what to focus.Whether on grammar topics or content or both.
It would be nice to see some samples (of course in the end I would have prepared my own job) but now it is Ok.
I have finished my work.What made me upset is the ignorence.
Thanks for all your replies.I am glad  there are still people caring for me:)Hug

19 Oct 2008     

NSLHN
Turkey

hi spring.
 it has just been two months that i have been an english teacher. i have been teaching in Yozgat. Now i am triying to prepare my exams for the students, too. i want to help you but i don�t know how i can. i will prepare my exams basically on the grammar. Because i tried to teach them the grammar points. the students didn�t understand the the subjects when i didn�t teach them the grammar. i will try to send you my exam paper but i really don�t know how to do it. i am just a new member of this site.

19 Oct 2008     

dugu
Turkey

Dear Pinar;
Actually it is nice to see that we are both in the same condition!!
This is my second year in teaching  too. And I am a state school teacher,so we can understand each other�s problems easily,I have 5classes,and  the following two weeks will be my exam weeks like you!!
You are right ,the syllabus has been chaanged into a content based one!! And i am using �� my english �� for 7th grades, And I am planning to make a combination of both grammar points and the contents included in the book like the horoscopes for the exam!!Because if you have a look at tests prepared for the �� sbs�� exam,they also include both of those!! My questions are not ready yet!!  whenever you have any problems we can share together, I just want you to know this!!

19 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

Dear Neslihan..
Welcome to this site.Thanks for your interest.You can use my contact to communicate.
And if you need any help I will gladly help you.AS I finished preparing exam papers,I can send you mines� tooLOL
And Dear Dugu
Thanks for your reply.I will do  the the same what you will do:)))You are right.I am preparing my papers so that they are useful for SBS.Please use my contact whenever you need help.It is a pleasure for me.

By the way once again...Frenchfrog,Victoria,Nebal....Big hugs to you..

19 Oct 2008