Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need advice!!! :-) Please!    

I need advice!!! :-) Please!

Isabelucha
Portugal

I need advice!!! :-) Please!

I �m teaching English to adults. Some are 40 and others 70... Well, the problem is that some are quite old to be in front of a worksheet, trying to figure out what I reeeealy want with that... So, as they are also learning to work with computers I thought that it might be a good idea to make them work in english with a computer. Simple exercises, matchings, vocabulary. Do you know any?? HELP ME pleeease! (ok, I will not be stressed! Isabel, breathe in breathe out!)

3 Jun 2009      

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Isabelucha
Why don �t you try the website �s online exercises? I guess it may cover the " Simple exercises, matchings, vocabulary" that you stated and your students will be using computers to do these exercises. What do you think?

3 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi Isabelucha!
Try using the online exercises... I am using them with my adults and they are really engaged with them. My adults are beginners, and they love to have extra practice in this way.
There are not as many activities as there are worksheets, but little by little there will be more. There are also some errors in the site still, but Victor is busily working to solve them.
Hope you find it useful!
See you,
Cyn

3 Jun 2009     

crisholm
Spain

HERE YOU WILL FIND EXERCISES AT DIFFERENT LEVELS:
(THEY ARE MAINLY LINKS TO OTHER SITES, BUT IT IS VERY PRACTICAL)

3 Jun 2009     

crisholm
Spain

You can also try these sites:
Good luck!

3 Jun 2009     

cgato
Portugal

yes, I also use www.agendaweb.org. Very complete with many types of exercises.

And don �t be stressed!  Breath in ... out  and then go for itWink

3 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also use Agendaweb but you can try Learnenglish.be and English4u.

A little word of adivce, if I may.    I taught adults who are a bit older and found that after the initial discovery of using English on a computer it began to wear out and you can not leave them on a computer for too long.

3 Jun 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

Try also this site: http://a4esl.org/
It �s great for online exercises!
Good luck!

3 Jun 2009