Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > about an error reporting    

about an error reporting

Akanah
Spain

Didn �t know about the fonts :S But using capitals equals to yelling in the net.

4 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Eng789, I never heard of colours when talking about netiquette. I checked on the web and I could only find a comment about caps.

4 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

A public excuse to everybody to write in capital letters!!!!

4 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

It �s ok lomasbello, I believe that �s what Akanah was trying to do too when she posted her thread. She got misunderstood I guess...

4 Jun 2009     

Akanah
Spain

I wasn �t excusing myself, as nikadixon pretended me to do, coz i did nothing wrong.

In fact, I was looking for an answer:

I didn �t report the WS, I just added a "not remove" comment and then I wanted to remove the comment itself. Can it be done?

Olga

4 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I keep my advice we as teachers should be more tactful, even if we are pointing to any mistake. The problem is not only what it is said but the way it is said.

4 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

My advice is not for you Olga. For me it was so rude what nikadixon commented. I think we can point to mistakes being so polite and stating the reasons why a ws does not follow the rules!!!

4 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

As far as I can understand Akanah, you were trying to make up for a mistake. I might have used the wrong semantic when I said you were trying to apologise. I don �t think you were doing anything wrong and I don �t know why some people got mad at you. I don �t see where you lacked tact in your post.
I �ve seen worse lately on this forum.

edit: lomasbello, now it´s my turn to apologize because I thought you were "targeting" Akanah´s  first post.  My turn to make public apologies. Will you forgive me. Please please?

4 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Anyway, Thanks all since even of the discussion I learnt that I can not use caps since it is considered unpolite. If I had not commented anything maybe I had not learnt that.

4 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let me think if I can forgive you, manonski?

4 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >