Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Netiquette (internet etiquette)    

Netiquette (internet etiquette)

Tere-arg
Argentina

Netiquette (internet etiquette)

Hi everybody!

Just in case it could be of interest.
It would also make a good discussion topic with students.

Netiquette

"Netiquette" stands for "Internet Etiquette", and refers to the set of practices developed over the years to make the Internet experience pleasant for everyone. Like other forms of etiquette, netiquette is primarily concerned with matters of courtesy in communications.

"The degree of civilization in
a society can be judged
by entering its prisons."
Fyodor Dostoevsky,
Russian 1821 - 1881

Have a wonderful new week! Hug

20 Oct 2008      

manonski (f)
Canada

Speaking of Netiquette, it really bugs me when someone asks a question and does not even bother acknowledging or at least thanking the people who took the time to answer to help them. I�m not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but if you ask for help about anything, please take the time to let the people know you�ve read their answers. I think it�s the minimum you can do.
Have a good week everyone!

20 Oct 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi manonski!

That�s why I think it is important to make our students know there are rules we should follow in order to get  good communication. Then, it will be up to them how to behave, but  it will not be for lack of knowledge as it happens to most of us who were born in a time internet was far away or, at least, not at hand....  Embarrassed

20 Oct 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Some people think that being anonymous enables them to act however they want. 
I agree with you that we need to teach good manners when using internet.

Manonski

20 Oct 2008