Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For those teaching about the environment.    

For those teaching about the environment.

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Excuse me Barbara
this is serious, you asked for mine to put on the line for the picture, but I can not see them.
Weren �t they good enough for your pictureEvil Smile

6 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Olindalima,
Maybe it �s not there because you have none...Wink

6 Jun 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

hahah this is a great picture!.. never seen it before!! So does this mean that if they get smaller and smaller, year by year, at present, then (2009 ) people just don �t wear them anymore? I must say I �ve just realized I �m a fashion victim then!  but 2006 are my type so far! ;o) 

6 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

For Ivona, re �dark horse �:

the phrase comes from horse racing, where a horse�s lineage and track record of wins and losses determines the odds placed by bettors on the current race. If for some reason the history of a certain horse is not known, the bettors are �in the dark� as to its strengths and weaknesses, and the horse is known as �a dark horse.�

There �s another theory which is to do with darkening the colour of a horse so it could be used as a�ring in�. This is a �horse of a different colour� (or some would say �red herring�, but that�s not really equine enough) as the use of �in the dark� as a metaphor for ignorance has a longer history in Europe than formalised horse racing.

To those who aren�t �in the know� (or should that be a reference to �horse-sense�?), Barbara appears to be a very �dark horse� indeed!

6 Jun 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

WAW! My whole family had fun with the picture.
Great! thanks for sharing
Sulany

6 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

Hey I �m not sure I like being called a horse.
                                                             A gehko is ok but a horse????   LOL
And Olindalima - did you forget that yours were -2009 - transparent - so they didn �t  show up in the picture.

6 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

LOL lol good one eng789! LOL
by 2050 they will be ... ???

6 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2