Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am Really Upset.    

I am Really Upset.

susiebelle
United States

I am Really Upset.

Dear Teachers,
One of my new contributions called Homophones (http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=244723#thetop) was put into the REPORTED CONTRIBUTIONS area of the website with the following comments

Comments:

scanned

It is scanned in order to prevent it to be edited. I don�t like worksheets that can�t be edited and if I notice it in the preview I don�t download it since I like to make changes (I know that most of us prefer worksheets that can be adapted to our students needs). However, I tink it is not a copy, so it should not be edited.

I started to write an answer to this in the  comments sections of �Reported Worksheets �  but I accidently hit the wrong key and sent the message before I was finished typing my complete response. 

I feel so sad , hurt  and upset that someone feels that the I send my worksheets in this format to prevent it from being editted, The truth of the matter is that I don �t know how to make an "editable" worksheet with all of the graphics I like to use. , I am not trying to PREVENT anything.  I have no ulterior motives in sending my work other that to share with this community.

As far as my work being scanned from a book or that MY work is not original- The person accusing me of plagiarism should :

1. Cite the site or source they claim my work was copied from
2. Sign you name to your bold accusations

I feel that the system here should identify the  people making comments so that everyone would be more  sensitive and careful in what they say about other people �s contributions.

I am sorry if I seem upset- but I am upset. 

8 Jun 2009      

alien boy
Japan

I agree that whomever reports a worksheet & whichever moderator(s) leaves a comment should automatically have their name attached to their comment!

Also, if someone says that something is stolen then a reference &/or link should also be given every time by whomever reports the upload. Additional references & links can be added by the moderators if they have them.

Something that is scanned isn�t necessarily stolen. I can literally scan anything that will fit into my scanner - including artwork I have made myself, cloth, etc. I can also convert any type of file that I choose into an image using any one of many different programs. To report something because it is �scanned � shows the reporter to be uninformed & ignorant about the term & the process!

8 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Susiebelle and Alien Boy,
Let �s help stop these rude anonymous messages! The name must appear! How can we do this?
Cyn

8 Jun 2009