Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Deleted worksheet for not following webage rules???????    

Deleted worksheet for not following webage rules???????

aussieinspain
Spain

Deleted worksheet for not following webage rules???????

Recently one of my worksheets has been deleted by moderators. It had no downloads, so fair enough. But to say that it didn �t follow the rules was a bit rich.
On this website I see plenty of pirating and copying, I often see the same webpage twice by different members. They are not deleted. I do not understand. My worksheet, although not decorated with way too much clip art, it was not copied, had no spelling or grammar mistakes and was what it was, a basic set of word flashcards for basic action verbs, you can buy these at a store. There are times for clip art and there are times when its not wanted.
And, if I have to explain possible games to do with flashcards to a group of professional teachers I would be very disappointed.
So, call a spade a spade. It wasn �t downloaded, you deleted it. It was a set of flashcards that were useful to me in a lesson I had to give and were not useful to anyone else. the end.

8 Jun 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

It happens, bro. Suck it up and move on.

8 Jun 2009     

aussieinspain
Spain

sure, doesn�t mean its ok

8 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If you see a copied ws, you should report it and it �ll be deleted because it �s against the site rules. If someone provides a link of the original ws the copied material is removed by the moderators.

A set of flashcards should stay, but it �s always better to suggest an activity when posting flashcards and name it as "a set" or someone can think it �s just a single pic and report it. Moderators should check before giving their opinions, but no one can assure they will find the other flashcards that complete the set. You have no idea how difficult it is sometimes to decide what to vote at the reporting page.

I understand it �s not OK with this explanation but things like that sometimes happen, we �re all humans and make mistakes in order to learn. You may feel it �s unfair (and life �s unfair sometimes) but you may keep in mind that everything is done in order to protect this site and make it better for us.

Have a good week!

Zailda Coirano

8 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry I can �t add to what Zailida has said... I don �t remember seeing them... but did it have zero downloads for over a month? If so then usually it would get deleted....

Unfortunately you DO need to give a short description or activity to go with the flashcards, as you need to remember that teachers here come from all around the world and have been trained for different levels/stages of teaching, ... some have no experience teaching before, some a lot, and some would not know what to do with a  great set of flashcards if you handed them to them yourself....That is why an activity needs to have a great CLEAR description...
Your user name suggests that you are from Australia? Coming from NZ myself I know that we have awesome teacher training programmes... but not everywhere in the world trains and teaches like we do!
I know it is frustrating, and I am sorry that I did not see your cards to be able to explain or help you further.

8 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I hate to say this BUT people can be quite unimaginative sometimes and they often need things spelt out for them. What we think is very logical and quite clear, to others is just a sheet with lines or pictures on it.

We have A LOT of reported worksheets that are reported because people lack imagination and often say "Is this really an ESL resource?" or "I don �t think this is an ESL resource why do...."

I agree with Cheezels, you DO need to write an explanation in the description. In fact, a page included in the activity might even be an option since it seems that many do not have the same vision or training as others here...

So, another suggestion would be to re-upload your lot with a front page explaining their uses.

Good luck,

Linda

8 Jun 2009