Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > wonder world music    

wonder world music

amicableann
Argentina

I �ve copied all your suggestions nad I �ll download them tonight! This is a great topic .

I love :

Jack Johnson , Barbara streissand , George Buble , Norah Jones , Madonna , Supertramp,

Bajofondo ( modern tango excellent.)Elton John , Ismael Lo(great singer), Louis amstrong ,

Sinatra , Brian Adams , and from Argentina I like Luis Salinas (guitar player) , Andr�s

Calamaro ,  from Spain Rosario Flores , and many others ! hope you can listen to some of

them and enjoy their talent !Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!!! Ana L�a

8 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

You are completely right. From my point of view, rhythms, sounds, melodies and music in general always remind our memories or something lived in our lives. Here in Venezuela, I listen to "Voz Veis" which sings excellent songs not only typical but pop songs, is a group from Maracaibo (one of the most important city in the country) . I also like "El Pollo Brito" who sings typical songs too. Franco De Vita who was born here in Venezuela but at the age of 2 went to Italy. His songs are really amazing "Somo tres" , "Te amo", "Louis", "Al Norte del Sur", "No basta". I also listen to Roxette �s songs like "Sleeping in my car" and Listen to your heart". I really like those songs. In summary, Music relaxes me after I heavy day!!

8 Jun 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I love all types of music.I also like the "oldies":Los Ramones", ,The Who,  Pink Floyd,Gloria Gaynor... . Now I usually listen to  Kate Perry, Coldplay, Amaia Montero, Amaral, La Oreja de Van Gogh and many other Spanish bands or singers. I am a fan of the 80 �s Spanish music that we call "La Movida".I really love Janis Joplin , Bob Marleyand Bruce Sprinsgteen,too. As you can see I like nearly every type of music depending the mood I am in. I must confess that I like singing while I listen to my favourite songs,(my neighbours might not like it)LOL which really cheers me up!!

8 Jun 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hello,
if you like  italian  folk music you can try these links  (free streaming) :

I hope you like this old , traditional music.

Hugs
Lancillotta

8 Jun 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Greetings from the beautiful and warm Romania! In case you want to make a small idea on the Romanian traditional music, here you are some links: the first one is a folk tune performed by our well/known artist Gherghe Zamfir(with his magical Romanian traditional instrument called "nai"). The second one is a link containing more videos in which you not only can listen to Romanian folk songs but you can take a pick at our exquisite traditional costumes and great folk dances.....

And while you�re at it, just listen to another masterpiece of the simple Romanian soul that our great composer George Enescu adapted and performed, very proud of his Romanian origins: "The skylark(Ciocarlia)"

This is the Romanian symbol, called Edith Piaf of Romania: Maria Tanase http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W395ryBuqg
And another great Romanian performer(may he rest in peace) Liviu Vasilica(and his men�s band):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFxe7cDpjw&feature=related     (Dear Marin, on your wedding day)

ENJOY AND I HOPE YOU´LL LIKE ALL AS MUCH AS I DO,
BEST WISHES, DENISA

8 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2