Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Idea for the topic clothes    

Idea for the topic clothes

morganalin
Portugal

Idea for the topic clothes

Hi, how do you do? I need your ideas...
I �m teaching the clothes vocabulary to my adults class and I want to do something special, different with them... How can I do that? What can I work with them?
Have a nice evening, day,...
Greetings from Portugal!

8 Jun 2009      

Portugal

A fashion show?

8 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Hi!!

When I introduce "clothes", I usually make them to take different kinds of clothes to the school and I also take my clothes. I introduce the structure using mine and I make them to say sentences using the clothes they took and the structures taught. 

For example, In spring I wear beautiful dresses.

It dependes on how you  focus your class. I usually conect clothes to weather

8 Jun 2009     

Animagus
Portugal

Good evening Morganalin!

I �ve made a PowerPoint presentation about clothing styles. People use specific clothes for specifical occasions and  students need to see the differences between each one (after studying clothes vocabulary, of course).
But because the PPT is too heavy to uploaded here in ESL, I need your email, in case you are interested.

Say something or just send me a PM.

Hugs.
Wink

8 Jun 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I use flash cards. There are many ways to teach using them; Ex. : Point to the card, bingo, memory game, throw a ball, pictionary, drawing and guessing, etc.

8 Jun 2009     

source
Turkey

hi dear my friend..... This suggestions can help you..

8 Jun 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Hi Morganalin!

There �s a great game made by xani (sandra). You can find it here:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=200716#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=200720#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=200723#thetop

You can print the boardgame on a transparency and show it to the class.

8 Jun 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

You could also ask them to do a model (maquete) with a "passerelle", some male and female top models, dressed up with the clothes they would do... Well, just imagine everything you need in a fashion show and ask them to do it with cloth, wood, plastic, anything. To finish the work they could label the dolls and the objects they did. (I did the same with the theme "Food" - my adult Ss made a wonderful model of a kitchen. It was really amazing! :-)

8 Jun 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

You can use pictures from magazines, they can choose these ones they prefer and bring them in class. Then everyone pick up a random picture and try to describe it

8 Jun 2009     

evgenia forever
Russian Federation

We roleplay it in the dialogues like "Shopping for clothes"

I take my daughter �s toy clothes from Barbie and we real play it.
Another way just to learn vocabulary is different cards with writtten words in English from one side and with your mother-lang. on the other.

9 Jun 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

I �ve already taught clothes subject,first I used flashcards showing different kinds of clothes  , Then I gave them a list of words and ask them to find the items in a word  search board

9 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >