Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > very young learners    

very young learners

NeMeCe
Turkey

very young learners

Hi Everyone
I am desperately in need of very simple songs with their videos to teach colours, numbers, shapes, body parts etc.... to a small group of kindergarten kids. Would you please give me some website names, or send some material via mail? If any of you could help me, I will send my mail addy at once. Thanks in advance

9 Jun 2009      

Pastanaga
Spain

I teach English to 4-year-olds and my teaching is based upon songs and stories. I don �t use videos (because I don �t have the chance) but I can advise you on some suitable songs.

Super Simple Songs are quite good (there �s 3 CD �s) but if you don �t want to buy them the website has links to videos with children or teachers performing songs.
 Then there �s Genki English Songs, every CD has multimedia activities and performances for every song, too.

For free songs try: www.dreamenglish.com and www.abcsongs.com

Also, for stories with accompanying songs: www.englishteachinggames.com

In case you don �t find videos for all topics and strtuctures you want to teach, I can tell you from my own experience that stories are a great way to teach English to very young learners, and nothing is more engaging than storytelling, and it �s easier to check understanding and get involvement with a story than with a video.

Do not hesitate to contact me for ideas on suitable stories for every topic.

9 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �ve sent you a pm...check
Anita

9 Jun 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids.htm
here there are some funny songs with videos

9 Jun 2009     

fleur
Malta

have you ever used peter weatherall �s
songs, they �re very useful and easy to
learn vocabulary through repetition
I found these on youtube
good luck

9 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I have material for Skinnamarink, Farmer in the Dell, Old McDonalds, Walking Through the Jungle, Animal Boogie, Roll Over (Ten in a Bed), Going on a Bear Hunt, The Ants go Marching and more that go with books. I teach young ones too so what I have is very visual.
Send me you email in PM if you want any of them.

9 Jun 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Have a look at this:

Big smile

9 Jun 2009