Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > London    

London

yolprica
Spain

London

Has anybody taken their students to London? Mine insist on my doing it next school year but I �m not sure if it is worth all the trouble and effort. Tell me please your experiences.
Hugs from Spain
Yolanda

9 Jun 2009      

winky2
United Kingdom

Visiting London is always worth all the trouble and effort :) but seriously speaking I have never taken my students there. It would be much too expensive unfortunatelly :(

9 Jun 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hi,

I �ve been twice with my adult students...two or three of them at a time and the last time, we went to the theatre and saw a wonderful production of Phantom of the Opera. Smile
I can highly recommend it...but it �s very expensive!!
Fiona.

9 Jun 2009     

Missbrittany
France

I go every year with two classes (about 50 students) and it �s simply the best way to motivate the students! It encourages those who learn English but have never had a chance to really use it! We prepare for the trip all year long and all the students are interested! It �s propably more expensive from Spain, for us it �s about 250 euros for 3 nights there, the trip and the visits. Those the students like best are Mme Tussaud �s, the London Eye and the Tower of London, they �re also the most expensive!
It �s a lot of trouble and responsibilities, but it �s really worth it!

9 Jun 2009     

lode57
France

I go to England every year with my students and we always enjoy it! I think it �s really worth the effort but  it �s true that it �s quite expensive (and I live in the North of France!) They really like Madame Tussaud �s and stadiums (Arsenal or Chelsea). The Globe Theatre is also a very interesting thing to do! And Oxford is not very far... They also like going shopping in Camden or Covent Garden. If you want free things to do, you can go to the British Museum for example, or organise a visit of the city.

9 Jun 2009     

Portugal

Yes, I �ve been to London with ss. and, believe me, it �s  worth both the trouble and the effort.
They should be no younger than 12: some kids adjust pretty well to the families and food, but others don �t; they should stay in families in groups of 2 or three; it �s also up to you to negociate all the details and never put up with families that don �t do their job, like making company to the kids or  feeding them properly. If it �s the case of any unpleasant situation, just make sure the family is changed without delay.
Have a great time.

9 Jun 2009