Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > BODY PARTS- TEENAGERS    

BODY PARTS- TEENAGERS

canirove
Argentina

BODY PARTS- TEENAGERS

Dear friends,

I�m doing a microteaching on Fri. I�m supposed to introduce body parts to 14/15-year-old Ss. I thought of introducing vocabulary using a beautiful poster. But how can I continue? Have you got any idea of how Ss can practise the new vocabulary before doing a written task? (I�m thinking of an oral activity)

Many thanks in advance!!!

Warm regards, Hug

Ver�nica

10 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

You could have them rewrite new paragraph to "Head and Shoulders" or the "Hokey Pokey" and have them present it to younger students.

10 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, Veronica! Why not check some earlier threads on �body parts �? You might find some useful information there. Just type in the key words in the search box at the bottom, and this will come out: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=body+parts&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

10 Jun 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

A fun activity is to write the body parts on bits of paper and then in pairs the students stick the cards on each other in the right places using sticky tape.  I have done it with teenagers and adults and they really had fun and learned a lot.  Smile

10 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

There �s quite a fun song which is about bones
The lyrics are here, but I haven �t managed to find a video of it yet!

But found this other fun video when I was looking for it! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2dkT2sIug

You could have a look on youtube and see what you find if you type in "Dry Bones"

T :)

10 Jun 2009     

67Englishteacher
France

You could also play a Simon says game: Simon says "touch your head", Simon says "put up your right hand". You might come up with rather acrobatic things, too!

Or you simply say "where is your...?" and they have to point to it.

I �ve tried both and it was a lot of fun. Concerning the 2nd exercise, I first did it with the whole class as a revision and then I had a girl and a boy stand in front of the class and the class asked them the questions. Actually the boys tested the girl and the girls tested the boy and the teams got points for that. Competitive games always work out fine! And when it �s boys against girls, it �s often even more motivating :)

I wish you and your class a lot of fun :) !

10 Jun 2009     

teacher jessie
Argentina

An interesting (and typical) activity is "Simon says". Students should perform only the actions that Simon says, not the actions that you do. e.g. The teacher touches his/her nose and, at the same time says: Simon says Touch you nose. So Ss should touch their noses. But then he/she touches his/her leg and says: Touch your leg. Ss should do nothing because Simon didn �t say so.
At the beginning you do it slowly but then you go faster so Ss get confused, when they do something that Simon didn �t say, they are out of the game.
It �s a nice activity to warm up and you can practice all parts of the body as well as different actions (jump, hop, clap, etc.)
Hope it helps.
Good luck

10 Jun 2009