Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > language acquisition    

language acquisition

luis_c12334
Peru

language acquisition

I am really sorry to do this, but would you be so kind so as to help me to finish my research paper please. This is the topic: Paulette dale states "English is like a car. It needs four wheels o run. It can run with three but it will be a very bumpy ride! the four wheels are semantics, morphology, syntax and phonology" how important and necessary are all these components for a language learnener to be successfully considered competent in the language. how do they buils their communicative competence?. really am i looking forward to hearing from you.  

10 Jun 2009      

source
Turkey

I guess this site can help you to finish your research paper as it can give you deep insight.

However if you need more articles please send me pm and I can send my college notes to you.

10 Jun 2009     

Portugal

I guess there is a fifth wheel missing to this definition, which is cultural awareness. Teaching English (any foreign language, I�d say...) is no longer just about teaching the students the language to communicate; there is more to it in the XXI st century, I mean, there is also the experience of otherness, as Byram (1997) puts it, contributing to an enhanced effectiveness of communication and an understanding of how messages are perceived in different contexts & situations. A rather simple example: we have to teach our students, from the very beginning, that they have to say "please" in such simple communication situations as "Can you tell me the way to... please"?

10 Jun 2009     

peiolei
Spain

Yes, I agree with you nikadixon. I �m studying a master or PhD on Teaching English in Multilingual Contexts and cultural awareness or sociopragmatics (how it is normally called) is very important, although it is often neglected in the classroom. Knowing how to apologize, make a suggestion, make a compliment, refusal (there are many other speech acts) is very important and they must be taught how to do it. It can be learnt in an explicit or implicit way, but it has to be taught, as a person can be rude in a foreign country if he/she isn �t aware of these cultural factors.
If you need further information, please, let me now. Are you doing a PhD as well?
Paola

10 Jun 2009     

simonesg
Brazil

HELP!

Could anybody tell me which is the correct form?

"What time did the plane land?"

or

"What time has the plane landed?"

And if you can please tell me why.

Thanks in advance!

10 Jun 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
When it is an exact time - you use the past simple
;-)

10 Jun 2009     

Portugal

Hi, peiolei.
I finished my master �s in 2001 and my PhD in 2007. I �m really interested in this subject, which I hardly touched in my PhD. Can you send me some of your studies? I also read in Spanish. Thank you.

11 Jun 2009