Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Writing Tips Wanted!    

Writing Tips Wanted!

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Writing Tips Wanted!

Hello friends, I hope you are doing well here at ESLprintables.
This time I bother you to ask for help. See, I am writing an essay on the following rubric "teaching teenagers is not an easy job" Do you agree?
But I feel like there �s something missing to my introduction to make it more catching... Your suggestions are welcomed... here goes what I have so far.

During my years as a teacher-to-be, I have been told that adolescence is the most difficult period in the lifetime of a human being, a period of great changes as regards physical and psychological developments. Therefore, though I do not claim to be an expert, it seems to me that there is every reason to believe that teaching teenagers is not an easy job.

Thanks In advance! LOL

10 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

I �VE SENT YOU A PM...CHECK

10 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

How formal does the essay need to be?  You may want to begin with a question like the following:

Where else is it possible to observe teenagers be pensive, grumpy, argumentative, repentant, and loving all in ninety minutes? The answer is a classroom. of course.

This just could be your "hook" for your reader. I would also wrte " a period of great change in regard to..."

I hope this helps.

Carla

10 Jun 2009