Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just wanted to share.    

Just wanted to share.

eng789
Israel

Just wanted to share.

This is a crazy time at school.  It �s very hot and the kids are cranky and hard to occupy.  I used "The Happy Street Mystery".  I put the kids in groups of 3 or 4 and told them that the first group to discover who was missing would get a treat.  My pupils loved it.   I even did it with a high level group and they enjoyed it.  By - gokcekeskin

I also used a ws of nouns which needed to be changed into plural.  There were 48 words on the page.  Sorry, but I don �t know who created it.  I told them that they had to translate all the words and then find the plural form.  I also allowed them to work in groups.  I gave them a bunch of dictionaries and told them that the last time I look, I wasn �t one.  It was a good grade 7 class but it still took them 45 min.   Then I made each kid in turn come up to the bb and: 1.  say his word 2.  write it on the bb   3. translate the word    4.  write the plural form. 
It kept them busy fo another lesson.  They loved it and also discovering that there is no such thing as "oxes"

Thanks guys for helping me get through some hard times.  Only 8 more days of school.  Thumbs Up

10 Jun 2009      

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Thanks dear Barbara! I agree it �s so difficult to teach  now.

I am going to try one of your ideas with my 6th grade.  lbstamp.gif image by aimeesackstein                                                               

10 Jun 2009     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Hey, thanks for your ideas, but could you just explain the Happy Street Mystery game in more details? Or is that a worksheet we can download on the site?

10 Jun 2009     

karina7777
Denmark

Sounds great - yeah, I could use both of those ideas too Smile
I would like to recommend using the film Twilight during these last few weeks - THAT one is sure to get their attention. Teens love it - and even better, there are a lot of great worksheets about Twilight here at eslprintables.
Tongue

10 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

Happy Street Mystery - http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=12573#thetop 

I just found it    -   thanks gokcekeskin

10 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=12573#thetop (I think) Wink

10 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

Hi frenchie - yes that �s the one.

10 Jun 2009     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Thanks!!! Just got it, looks nice indeed!

10 Jun 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Thanks for the great tips. I �m going to use them with my ss.
It can be quite challenging to motivate ss now that the end of the school year is so close.
We just have 2 weeks left.

Cheers

10 Jun 2009     

douglas
United States

Could this be the plurals worksheet you are talking about?  I use it all the time--it is great for vocabulary building (while teaching plural forms at the same time).

Thanks to lyubabak for producing itSmile 

11 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

These are both FANTASTIC!!!

One Stop English also has a great end of term activity called Murder in the Classsroom.

11 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >