Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Type of teachers on here    

Type of teachers on here

roneydirt
United States

Type of teachers on here

Yes I know I could have put this on the cafe but most of us lack time to go there...

What type of teachers are on here?  (Yes I know we also have students on here too.)
I have an Elementary Education degree with a history specialty and ESOL Certified.

I am teaching English in Korea and see my students for 45 minutes once a week at my main school.  The other school about twice a month and the third a speciality class twice a week; more as a club than class.  I am here more as "look we have a Native English speaker at the school."  I am also here studying Asian history some from first person perspectives meeting with individuals that were in places at the time of historical events like the Korean War, when South Korea became a true Democracy, the Nagasaki A-bombing, plus.  Makes it interesting even if there is some language barrier.  The biggest complaint I get is my lessons are too academic and I should add more games like Hangman.

11 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

interesting topic, maybe more for the cafe, though... I �ve sent you a pm anywayTongue...
Anita

11 Jun 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Hey,

I have had the same experience. I teach in japan and have a masters in Tesol and a degree and masters in economics and history..... I gave up teaching in the traditional sense at my schools as they also didnt want that style of teaching (english still isnt taken seriously until High School).... so these days, I tend to focus on what some people call "edutainment" (being the token foreigner who comes in once a fortnight for the comedy interlude)

Its fun but hardly intellectually stimulating......

11 Jun 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

I mainly teach Literature I share two hours a week with each of my groups (5 groups from 12 to 18)

I also teach a history class

And I prepare a group of stds for FCE four hours a week

I work in two different private schools near my house.

I am a teacher for primary and secondary school, meaning I can teach any group from 6 to 8 years old. I havent sat forany internationalexambut its never too late.

Im not very academic, I dont pay much attention to grammar and stuff since I dont believe is THAT much important, in fact IGCSE & IB arent marked asregards grammar or spelling,so if your idea is clear, NO PROBLEM! The complete opposite of FCE which is very structured 

11 Jun 2009     

petili
Bulgaria

Hi,
I teach English in Plovdiv, a city in Bulgaria. I work in a Language Centre and I have groups of  students who are 7-10 years old, students from the Secondary School and I  also teach adults. Various types of groups and various activities and approaches.
But I like it this way, because I love working with children and I want to teach English to adults, too.
I �m happy I found this site some months ago and I want to thank everybody about their nice WS. They help me very much and I feel I can learn lots of things from you.
Thank you!

11 Jun 2009     

arlene2
Chile

What kind of teachers are we?  Most of our supervisors at school think we should play the clown role with children...it �s not a question of being fun or funnier, more or less grammar for me it �s just a question of communication...if students can and love communicating let �s encourage that...they commit some mistakes when speaking or writing yes and who doesn �t?  We learn through our mistakes, that �s the way life it is, too....isn �t it? I often don �t listen to (nor respect) someone (usually a superior) who has never been in a classroom, they just talk nonsense...theories they studied which they had never put into practice and they wouldn �t if they had the chance - Experience is what it counts!

11 Jun 2009     

maikacaceres
Spain

I �m a teacher in Pamplona, Spain. I �ve been teaching at the same school for 18 years now. We have English 3 hours a week with each group and it is a compulsory subject.
I �ve got 6 groups: two in  2nd year secondary (14-year-olds) and the rest in Bachillerato (High school, 16-18 year-olds). I studied English Philology at university and the 5 years to obtain the Languages School Certificate. We prepare students to sit exams at this Languages school to get a B1 level.

11 Jun 2009