Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sending pics via the message box..    

Sending pics via the message box..

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Sending pics via the message box..

Hi mates,

Every time i upload a picture of mine in a message and press "send" button, it takes quite a while and before the navigator displays the following message; "Internet Explorer is unable to find the web page." 

The same issue occurs in ESL Private Messenger, this Forum�s and ESL Teacher�s Caf�s Message Boxes..

Could anyone enlighten me, please?

Thanks beforehand!!

Abbes

11 Jun 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

What size is the pic?Is it a gif/jpg/bmp/tif.? A BMP takes up a lot of data.

11 Jun 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

It is a JPEG, size: 184 Kb.. i also tried one with only 28.5 Kb but the same problem persists..

11 Jun 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Well, it �s hard to say.  There could be corruption in the data. Did you take the pics or download them?  Try using a different format. Make them into gifs or something like that. You can also Goolge it and see if there are others with the same problem.  Sorry I am not helping much.

11 Jun 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Thank you anyway, Spagman! Only your gesture counts a lot for me.. Have a great time! Smile

11 Jun 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

hi Abbes! Big smileAre you sure that you are follwoing this procedure? : in the "Post your reply" box click on the "insert image" button, then click "browse", choose a pic from your PC and then "upload". It takes up to 10 seconds to see the preview of the image.
Also try usuing Mozilla Firefox if it �s possible, maybe there is an error in your Internet Explorer browser.
Have a great day and let me know what �s new!
PS My students took their Cambridge exams but we will get results in 2 months only Geek

11 Jun 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Wow,Cat! What a geek you are. lol

11 Jun 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

lol yup, I am!  thank you for the compliment, David! hehehe

11 Jun 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for your help.. i followed the very steps you mentioned but it seems-- as you said-- that the problem has to do with Internet Explorer itself ( i �m using IE7)..

�Glad to hear your students took their Cambridge exams.. �hope you hear only good news!! 2 months is a rather long period of time to keep waiting, though..

�hope you �re enjoying your time, Kate! Smile

11 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hi, Kate!
I know what you mean about waiting - mine took them also and the wait will be yuckyDead, but I do hope the results will be Thumbs Up! Let us know...

PS: I don �t know about you, but I �ve been preparing them for 12 years now, and every time a generation takes those exams, I think/hope the wait is going to be easier, but it doesn �t.... Do you have any tricks that help you to share with me?

11 Jun 2009