Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is it allowed to upload templates?    

Is it allowed to upload templates?

Kita19
Portugal

Is it allowed to upload templates?

Hello everybody!

I have a question: I �ve made some cute frogs in felt to act out the story The Frog Family and have the frog �s templates in my computer (made by me). I thought to share them here, but I �m not really sure if that is allowed, because (since there are only images - it �s a template - someone could consider that as a non-esl ressource, although it is [and a very useful one!], in my opinion).

What do you think?

Victor, is that allowed?

Hug

11 Jun 2009      

VeraM
Portugal

Since I don �t agree with that rule, I find it perfectly right to upload templates, as long as in your description you mention the use for that resource. If you give an instruction as to what to do with it, I think it applies the same rule as to flashcards.

11 Jun 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

But is there a rule that doesn �t allow templates? Where is it? I haven �t seen it anywhere... Confused

11 Jun 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

I �ve just been reading through the rules to try to help you and I guess if you put the instructions along with your templates, you �ll have no problems. It says "Cliparts and coloring pages are not allowed" but if you provide the activity, in my opinion it is en ESL resource. Anyway, sometimes it just depends on the reader �s point of view.

11 Jun 2009     

bebz
Brazil

hello, i think it�s not allowed to upload here, but if you really want to share, maybe you could put the template in some site and post the link here, as everybody post videos and stuff.
Wink hope this helps

11 Jun 2009     

isaserra
Portugal

Hello,

I think that there isn �t any rule concerning templates...at least, I haven �t seen them,but some people might look at the template as being a clipart...However if you explain the aim of template, I think members will not report it...
I agree with VeraM and you should put the instructions related to the template...
If you upload the templates tell me because it would be nice to make those frogs instead of searching hours and hours for pictures in the Net...

Regards,
Isabek

11 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I would think that you could put the template on the first page and the instructions to the activity on the second page.  In fact, you can make it into an activity card.  Remember to state in your description that the instructions, and any other teacher tips or extension activities, are on the second page.

12 Jun 2009