Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for help with college interview    

Looking for help with college interview

Patrick
Ireland

Looking for help with college interview

Hello everybody, I hope someone can help.

I �m in China and I have to tutor the headmasters son to help him pass a college entrance interview for a college in Singapore, everything will be in English, (he has already passed the English proficiency test).

However, I have no idea what form the interview will take, (unfortunately I have no experience in this area), what kind of interview questions will be asked?, what kind of topics?, what will the interviewer be listening or looking for? etc!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

12 Jun 2009      

arielmlee
Malaysia

Which college will he go to? HOw �s his english? Maybe a little similar with getting a Visa Questions.

12 Jun 2009     

Patrick
Ireland

Hi Arielmlee,

Thanks for your post,

I �ll meet him for the first time tomorrow, so I have very little to go just yet, if he has passed the English proficiency exam I am assuming his command of English is not an issue.

However I have been told the college entrance interviews are similar in style to an IELTS exam,  but I have very little information to go on other than that.

thanks again

Patrick

12 Jun 2009     

fletsch
Canada

Hi Patrick:

I looked on-line and found some websites that might help you in making up some questions for him to practice.  These web-sites also give advice on the actual interview process.  I hope this is what you were looking for.  Good luck,    

Fletsch

12 Jun 2009     

Patrick
Ireland

Hi Fletsch,

Thanks for your efforts, it �s really appreciated!

I hope the weather in Shanghai is not as sticky and humid as Nantong.

regards

Patrick

12 Jun 2009