Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please help !    

please help !

desdemona85
Turkey

please help !

hi I am an english teacher from Turkey I need help.I will teach a lesson to my students who elementary level about celebrations and then If they like this lesson I will have the job so they should like me.So I think this lesson should be perfect .I wait your help about new and interesting ideas.

13 Jun 2009      

sazzag
United Kingdom

How old are the students desdemona?

I am actually preparing a worksheet for 6-11 year olds on celebrations at the moment.  I should finish it either today or tomorrow.  If you give me your email I will send it straight to you. 

13 Jun 2009     

desdemona85
Turkey

thanks for your reply.my students are between the ages of 20-25 and their levels are elemantary.

13 Jun 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

Ah then I don �t think my worksheet will help you then because it is for kids. 

13 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

Use pictures - see how much previous knowledge they have.  You have to engage their curiosity and get them involved.
maybe try a matching exercise - description of a celebration to a picture.

good luck

13 Jun 2009     

idamjate
Morocco

I have a modest idea and I hope it works with you Approve:

You will present a picture of a birthday �s cake.Then, you will ask about it to elicit the word birthday. Then, ask when are their birthdays. Ask Ss individually so as to involve them. And plz use rewards such as : good very good excellent and so on. Then ask for role play. After that, you can ask for other celebrations. Ask Ss when ? and where do you celebrate it ? Do you visit family, see friends ...? Try to engage them. Make them move... then, give scramble letters so as to make words related to celebration. Thumbs Up
            Or if you think about other ideas plz prepare prepare prepare and prepare the lesson well Smile. preparation is the secret of any successful lessons. Hoping that you will have a brilliant teaching experience and to get the job. Hug

13 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

DESDEMONA, I �VE SENT YOU A PM - A WHOLE BUNCH OF IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE LESSON PLAN... I HOPE YOU �RE STILL HERE AND HAVE TIME TO PREPARE....
ANITA

13 Jun 2009     

desdemona85
Turkey

thanks to all of you

13 Jun 2009