Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Centers and stations     

Centers and stations

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

Centers and stations

What exactely is centres and how different is it from stations .I want to do a workshop on one or shpw the difference give me idas please

13 Jun 2009      

celia86
Argentina

HI there!
As far as I now, a "center", for example "a sports center" is a place where a particular activity is carried on and a "station" like " a pumping station" is a building that provides a particular function or service. Is that the meaning you �re looking for? Because there are many more Smile

^
^
( `�.�
`�.� )
�.�)�
.��
`*.*��)
�.���.�*��) �.�*�)
(�.�� (�.�` * (�.
     Celia

13 Jun 2009     

idamjate
Morocco

I look for the difference for you so as to answer.I find this small article about the difference btw centers and stations:
www.wilmette39.org/DI39/dipdf/centers_stations.pdf
Hoping that you will find it useful Thumbs Up

13 Jun 2009     

Apodo
Australia

I think the difference is in the use of the words even more than the meaning, but a centre is usually a place where there several similar activities are grouped.

shopping centre/center - a group of shops under one roof , a mall
medical centre - a group of doctors or other medical services in one building.
sports centre - several sports wpould be played here.

work station - Where you perform a task. eg: A desk with computer etc. There can be several work stations in one office.
sheep or cattle station - (Australia) A very large ranch or farm.
railway station - where you catch a train

transport centre - could include trains and buses - an interchange

14 Jun 2009     

TEACHER72
Italy

hello colleagues!

I �m looking for a site,where I could download some free educational for teaching English, especially for those children(primary schools) who need different strategies,because of their difficulties (D.S.A) to learn foreign languages.Best regards from Nadia.Thanks.Bye.Thumbs Up

14 Jun 2009     

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

Oh sorry I wasnt precise I meant in Education in classes sometimes we use stations and at times centres ....

14 Jun 2009