Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Confused    

Confused

Petpet
Czech Republic

Confused

Dear moderators,

I have just read that my ws has been removed. http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=198453&tipo=printables I see no reason why this happened. It was a miming activity practising going to.
I checked the comments section and I can �t see any comments, only that 50 per cent of you decided it did not follow the rules. Can anyone tell me the reason why?
I tried to make the activities more interesting by adding my own ideas.
I �m sorry about posting this message here, but I have not found another way to contact you.
Petra

15 Jun 2009      

susiebelle
United States

I am also wondering why this was removed.  I didn �t vote and I didn �t see the original ws. It �s hard to see the thumbnail view on the link.  I looked at Petra �s other ws and it looks to be in the same style  as her other conversation starters for other subjects. Why was it removed????
Susiebelle

15 Jun 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Same here.
I do not understand the reason for the removal.

It is true we cannot see much of the worksheet now, but it does not seem to break any rule.

So...?

15 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I didn �t see it, perhaps it looked too similar to a previous worksheet and was mistakenly reported as being uploaded twice or something.  Check the rules again, make some obvious changes and upload it again.  Write plenty about it in your description and cross your fingers.

15 Jun 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Your note is directed to moderators but anyone can report a printable - the member does not need to be a moderator.  In my opinion, reporting should not be anonymous. It would certainly avoid unfair reports, as it seems to be the case here.
I also don �t understand why your work has been reported and removed. In the new system moderators cannot write comments or post their names.
I don �t remember seeing your ws in the reporting page. Maybe whoever voted to remove it could explain.

15 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Anyone can report an upload, true...

but the removal was voted by the moderators irrespective of the comments above.... so if the worksheet should not have been removed the authority to retain it was still with the moderators & not the initial reporter, so don�t forget to take responsibility for your voting as moderators rather than just blaming the individual who reported it.

The report alone doesn�t decide the validity of a worksheet - it�s the moderators� votes that do!

15 Jun 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

Hi.  I remember seeing this worksheet on the reported contributions page and it was reported because "half of it was from one of the Reward Resource Packs".  I use that book and I know some of it was taken from there but not all of it.  Why don �t you make some changes and re-upload the worksheet.  Then I am sure it will be fine. 

15 Jun 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Always the same. Why aren�t people consistent in their voting? We cannot vote against the removal of a contribution because it is only partially copied one day and remove another one the following day due to the same reason. Either we vote for the removal of both or we vote against the removal of any of them.
I did not vote yesterday but I have seen this happen many times and I think that we should always follow the same rules when voting.

15 Jun 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

I agree with you ssrl10 that this inconsistency is at best unhelpful and at worst unfair.

Maybe that is why it seems that now on the reported worksheet page when you click on the image it doesn �t show the author �s name anymore.  Hopefully this will lead to more objective voting.

In this specific case Petpet wanted to know the comments on her worksheet which is why I explained what I had read and tried to offer a helpful suggestion. 

15 Jun 2009