Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > I could do with more VOCAB CATEGORIES    

I could do with more VOCAB CATEGORIES

elderberrywine
Germany

I could do with more VOCAB CATEGORIES

Dear Victor,
compliments again on this site, and compliments to all the wonderful sharing generous teachers who make me experience so much solidarity and almost friendship across continents.

One little suggestion.

I tend to upload (and look for) worksheets for quite advanced students. When they are about vocabulary I am often stuck.
The following categories do not exist and I for one would need them badly as I spend a lot of time teaching around these themes.

- politics
- society
- relationships

- literature

At the moment  I have to place things extremely vaguely. Would it be possible to expand the existing categories?
Dorothea

15 Jun 2009      

David Lisgo
Japan

Another member wrote to me suggesting we have a �phonics � category.  If we had this then I �m sure that I would upload some interesting worksheets and would love to see what other people are doing in this area.

Thanks for bringing the topic up Dorothea.

15 Jun 2009     

agr8iou
Canada

Hi Dorothea,

Not that I �m trying to self promote or anything, but I have uploaded worksheets that work with derivatives of vocabulary and how to use them properly in a sentence. It may not be exactly what you �re looking for, but I do believe the derivative exercises are more appropriate for higher level students. Hope you can use them.

cheers...Marco

15 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Thanks, Marco, but that �s not what I mean.
I mean that we need more - how shall I put it -different categories or gropus in the upload system so that if I upload a worksheet on politics which focusses on vocabulary I know where to place it. Same for society, relationships, and phonics - exclusively for David Lisgo ;-)

15 Jun 2009