Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you make a black & white images (not a gray scale)????    

How do you make a black & white images (not a gray scale)????

yenn
Mexico

How do you make a black & white images (not a gray scale)????

Hi everyone...
I �ve notice that some of you change the images into a b&w version, not just a gray scale... how can I do that?

btw thanks victor for this incredible site....  and of course thanks to all you who every day share your work... Clap

16 Jun 2009      

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi,

B & W images are really useful because you can get a lot of high definition pictures on your worksheet without using a lot of memory.  I work mostly with clipart.  I prefer to work with Windows metafiles (WMF), though sometimes I use PNG or GIF.  I don �t like working with JPEGs in clipart because they becomes pixelated.

I have worked with Mac, but I don �t have enough knowledge to explain if you have a Mac.  If you have a Windows OS, then open your WMF image in �Advanced Drawing �, if you have this software.  Save the image as a new file so that you don �t lose your original colour image.  Hold down the �shift � key, then right click your mouse and select each individual colour. Release the key and then select �white � from the colour toolbar.  Now you have a B & W image to work with.  There are other ways of doing this, and there are ways of thickening your black outlines to make your image clearer in your worksheets.  If you are working with PNG or GIF images then open the image in M.S. Paint, select �white � from the colour toolbar, then select the fill with colour icon (the paint can), finally click on the colour parts of your image whilst avoid being the black outline.  Mac will be similar, but the software will be different.

There are other ways and other software programs you can use.  It �s probably best to start off with simple images that are easy to work with.

When you are making a black and white and a full-colour worksheet, then it makes it more interesting if you use different images (same vocabulary) in each worksheet.  It �s better than gray scale which uses more ink and is really just an inferior version of your colour worksheet.

I hope this helps.

16 Jun 2009     

apayala
Spain

if you have you images already inserted in a word document click right with your mouse an image, select "image format", then click the tab image, then open the options of the "control of image" and one of those options will be "black and white", accept and you will have your image in black and white.

hope it helps

16 Jun 2009