Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Does my worksheet count as an ESL resource?    

Does my worksheet count as an ESL resource?

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Does my worksheet count as an ESL resource?

Hello everyone,

I need some advice... what do you think of my worksheet?

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=249068#thetop

I am worried it doesnt meet the rules of this site. I use it a lot for the spelling tests in my classroom.

Please note, I am NOT advertising this printable. I do not need the points so please dont post any attacking comments. Im only looking for some constructive feedback from just looking at the preview would be much appreciated. 

Thanx
Crazy turtle

17 Jun 2009      

douglas
United States

I see its usefulness, but I wouldn�t consider it an ESL resource.  Perhaps you should add a list of vocabulary words for the teacher to read off to the students.

--Just one person�s opnion--

17 Jun 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thanx for the advice Douglas!!!!

Wonderful idea!!!!.... I have just put a word list on there.....

Cheers

17 Jun 2009     

nhlrhn
Turkey

I agree with Douglas and want to add something else.

First of all I use this kind of material at the end of a lesson which is full of vocab. It is really useful to review the vocabulary items on such ws. but with a second exercise part which contains pictures to make the sts. match the words that they �ve just spelled with. Both spelling and meaning included .

Just another idea!
I wonder what other friends may think of improving this paper.
Hugs
Nihal

17 Jun 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thank you so much Nihal,

That is a great idea too!!!! I will keep it in mind......I usually use this at the end of each lesson as kind of a test to see how much they have learned without any prompts.

Thanks for the nice idea, I will use it in future worksheets....

Thinking..... mmmmmmmmmm

Cheers

Crazy_Turtle

17 Jun 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi! Smile

I see your point of view but I also thinK this "rules" thing is going too far in some cases.
but just in case I would add something not to be "castrated" by some furious moderators.
and in my humble opinion people should be warned in advance, before eliminating a worksheet that doesn �t fit the rules.

Best wishes

17 Jun 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

With the word list it all looks a-ok!  I don �t think anyone should report this and if they do the moderators will look and see that this is a valid esl activity. 

17 Jun 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thank you everyone!!!!

Great advice!!! Im so happy to be a member of this community!!!

18 Jun 2009