Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Culture lesson    

Culture lesson

Buzybeee
Poland

Culture lesson

I �m planning on doing some lessons devoted to the culture of English speaking countries and I need some films that would present the most interesting places in USA, England, Ireland and Australia. Or just descrbing these countries. I �ve seen some film on Discovery Channel but I don �t know if they are available for buying. I would like to buy some dvds but I don �t know which ones would be appropiate for kids ages 7-12. Do you know any films that are worth recommendation?
I �m also looking for stories on dvd for kids ages 7 and 9 that would be presented in not so advanced English. Thanks.

17 Jun 2009      

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

have a look here maybe it helps:

you can choose among a lot of videos about this.

17 Jun 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Oh on cultures in English speaking countries just remember there are actually many cultures in several of those countries especially the U.S.  One lesson idea is doing a cultural annalysis of Hell �s Kitchen in New York.  It is for the longest time was the corner piece that interconnected the many different cultures that settled in the area and the hardships they brought and those that sprong up with soo many different people in one area from all over the world. 

Another site for short videos and you may find on Youtube is History.com.  There are some cultural stories on there as well as PBS and BBC.  Also there was a special on American food through the history channel and as they discussed the different foods in different regions they discussed the different cultures that created some of the foods that have become a staple in the world like the modern pizza, BBQ, fried food, hamburgers, hotdogs....

18 Jun 2009