Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Another grammar question    

Another grammar question

Mietz
Germany

Another grammar question

One of my students asked me if the construction "Me and I" is correct. He thinks he�s heard it in some song, but I can�t think of a context where this might be correct. What do you think?
Thanks! Mietz

21 Oct 2008      

happy koala
Spain

Hi Mietz,
have a look at this link:

21 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Thanks jhidal! Smile
According to that link my student is wrong and I�m right not being able to think of a context. Well - that�s how I understand it.

Still - is there any context this construction is actually used - never mind its not being correct? He insisted he�d heard it - just couldn�t remember where ... Wacko

21 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi , Mietz
Germany

You�re right your student is wrong as far as standard language is concerned.
But, he may be right that he heard it as is in a song where the singer may want to emphasize on his person "ego".

21 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hi goodnesses,
Thanks for your reply. I�ll keep telling my student, that he�s grammatically wrong - in this case - but there may be some context... (Have to word that carefully. He�s the boss of a company with lots of potential customers...)

21 Oct 2008