Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > biase !    

biase !

QueenJade
Netherlands

So does this mean people check EVERY memeber �s contribution even before being published in the free contribution �s page? _this is so weird....

18 Jun 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Just �scrolling � down and leaving this site (due to lots of work) but when you type in today �s date on the homepage you get tomorrow �s free contributions (i.e. today �s upload). The free contributions of today are actually yesterday �s upload... I hope you �re not confused by now... That �s how people know...

Hugs from �down under �

Kristien

18 Jun 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

I really don �t understand what �s going on.... mr.dgdln, I like your worksheets a lot ... (I �ve downloaded them more than once) I don �t understand why they are reported...

Anyway, you have my support!

But please... don �t generalise when mentioning moderators.. I �m one of them and I �m sure most of us try to do our best, we may be mistaken, but we are just trying to help and when we see something is unjust we say it and vote accordingly. I myself have not voted for or against something when I �m in doubt... and I believe the other members do the same...  That is what I have noticed...

Have a nice day and hugs from Uruguay

18 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I have just gotten home from a very long day and have not seen the comments apart from this morning.... it might sound strange but in a way I do understand your frustration.

I will openly say that today I voted for it to be removed. I have not really moderated properly for a while as I have been super busy. If something is reported as being copied I always check the worksheet against the link given BEFORE I vote...
When you check a worksheet now the author is not beside it so you don �t know who created the worksheet you are voting on. This is to stop bias. So firstly I did not know it was yours, but in the end that is neither here no there..

Yes you may take certain things from the internet BUT you have to add your own things to it.
Your worksheet was a dialogue/ interview. All you had added was colour to the dialogue and pictures to make it look nice.
Using your reasoning I could download grammar books and simply add some colour and a picture and it would be mine? No, that is still copying from another source.

What you could have done was add some questions about the dialogue (this would count as adding your own personal touch and creating an esl activity) or you could have had an activity or any number of countless other things to add to it. As it stood it was a word for word copy from the net. By adding ONLY colour and a picture does not change it.
I voted by the rules. The one that says you cannot copy from the net.

I really hope that you truly believe that my vote was not done with malicious intent and I was not aware of any past dramas. From what I can see of your recent worksheets they look to be really nice so I am not sure who would be out to target you.
All I can say is that you are aware of the rules and I can only speak for myself that if I am unsure I don �t vote, if I am sure that something does not fall within the guidelines then I do vote.
I think you need to keep contributing only work that you know to be original and if you do use something from the net then make sure you add your own activities to it. If you had done that with this particular worksheet I would have voted completely the opposite way.

18 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2